No announcement yet.

Carrollton PD broke my hatch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe there was a car meet in the area and a mustang like yours was there, but had just left...

probable cause for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      Truth. Fox bodies with any kind of exhaust seem to just draw patrol cops out of the woodwork. Maybe it's because a lot of them used to have or want a 5.0L, but damn if the car doesn't get some unwanted attention.
      I had been thinking just the opposite, actually. I guess things are a little different in Ft. Worth. I drive mine pretty regular, and only been stopped once in 5-6 years. For no front plate of all things. Cops don't even take a second glance as I drive by these days.

Maybe I should try harder.......

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
        maybe there was a car meet in the area and a mustang like yours was there, but had just left...

probable cause for sure.
        The cop probably smelled weed..

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          The cop probably smelled weed..
          LOL...drug free my friend
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

The cop probably smelled weeds..
            fixed
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
              Lol.. I'm just saying that would be his 'probable cause'.. "I smelled what I believed to be the odor of marijuana emanating from his vehicle"

Comment

Lol.. I'm just saying that would be his 'probable cause'.. "I smelled what I believed to be the odor of marijuana emanating from his vehicle"
                From far enough to pull him over? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post

probable cause for sure.
                  Until he said it was his headlight.

Comment

I don't think he was insinuating that. Officers that make up PC to stop you and search your shit will use that tactic.
                    I've had something similar happen to me but I told the officer to get a warrant. Well, I guess that pissed him off because he brought a dog out who "alerted" on my car...a car I had for years that certainly had nothing to alert on. The pig commenced to trashing my car. He tore off the glove box, tore the molding in the trunk getting the spare out and dumped my suitcases out on the side of the interstate. When he didn't find anything he gave me a card with a number and said, "You should have given consent to begin with if you had nothing to hide. Call that number if you want to file a complaint...but, you better hope I don't pull you over again."
                    This was when I was in med school...and I've never done any form of illegal drugs in my life. Add in the shit with my brother's dog and it's no wonder why I'm FTP.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                      I don't think he was insinuating that. Officers that make up PC to stop you and search your shit will use that tactic.
                      Yeah know I know...no point intended....lol

FTCPD
                      Originally posted by Da Prez
                      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Being a beaner...and in a clean fox. Then I was double profiled.
                        Or, you could have claimed to be illegal and they would have had to let you go since they cannot enforce immigration laws.

Comment

It's a foxbody they are probably dim as hell and gave the dude a reason to fuck with you. I'd be pissed too, but I'd also just order the part and move on in my life

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                            I've had something similar happen to me but I told the officer to get a warrant. Well, I guess that pissed him off because he brought a dog out who "alerted" on my car...a car I had for years that certainly had nothing to alert on. The pig commenced to trashing my car. He tore off the glove box, tore the molding in the trunk getting the spare out and dumped my suitcases out on the side of the interstate. When he didn't find anything he gave me a card with a number and said, "You should have given consent to begin with if you had nothing to hide. Call that number if you want to file a complaint...but, you better hope I don't pull you over again."
                            This was when I was in med school...and I've never done any form of illegal drugs in my life. Add in the shit with my brother's dog and it's no wonder why I'm FTP.
                            Yup. Said no to the search a couple times, bringing out the dog and using hand motions to have it to jump all over the car apparently gives them reason to search without consent while scratching the car up.

Comment

I got so tired of crap like this that's why I got rid of my car. It brings attention sometimes from the wrong people

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                                When you are asked to exit the car, (you must comply) always lock the car behind you and if asked to search - always insist on a warrant. I believe this extends to your person as well. Having said that do NOT resist a pat-down. Just verbalize that you do not consent to a pat-down/search of your person.
                                I do believe that the SCOUS ruled that you can not be detained on a traffic stop waiting for a drug dog or warrant for an unreasonable amount of time. Unsure of that cutoff. Maybe some of our LEO's can chime in.

Found this ---

http://thehill.com/regulation/court-...o-wait-for-dog
                                This is correct.

Also in the history if my policing, I have never seen someone get a warrant, on a traffic stop, without prior knowledge of something. I can't believe they still use that line honestly. Sounds like you had your rights violated and you might need to call their internal affairs, or Office of Professional Conduct, whatever they call it. If he was a dick, and you are really into filing a complaint, they will have you come in and write a statement. This is where we weed out the whiney idiots that are just mad they got caught. Everything is video and audio recorded and when people lie, well they get charged. The IA guys are generally going to be nice, and ask you a bunch of questions. When it is formal they will eventually call you back with what actions were taken.

Another tactic that is a no no for police is asking for consent and then making any statement about towing your car or taking you to jail after you say no. I tell my guys to make a decision after the first contact. No DL, hook em up and tow if you think they have something. Not, hey can I search your car, No, well you know I can take you to jail for ......................... I don't condone any BS or heavy handed conduct.

Oh and as far as the dogs go. I believe most have to lay down and be still to alert now days. Not the jumping on the car shit were the handler could prod fuffy or something.

Facebook reviews also get departments attention sometimes.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X