No announcement yet.

Carrollton PD broke my hatch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you are asked to exit the car, (you must comply) always lock the car behind you and if asked to search - always insist on a warrant. I believe this extends to your person as well. Having said that do NOT resist a pat-down. Just verbalize that you do not consent to a pat-down/search of your person.
    I do believe that the SCOUS ruled that you can not be detained on a traffic stop waiting for a drug dog or warrant for an unreasonable amount of time. Unsure of that cutoff. Maybe some of our LEO's can chime in.

Found this ---
    Supreme Court ruled 6-3 that the Constitution forbids police from holding a suspect without probable cause, even for fewer than 10 extra minutes.

Writing on behalf of the court, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg declared that the constitutional protections against unreasonable search and seizure prevent police from extending an otherwise completed traffic stop to allow for a drug-sniffing dog to arrive.

Comment

Spray some wd40 in the keyhole that will fix it

yes this was sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
        When you are asked to exit the car, (you must comply) always lock the car behind you and if asked to search - always insist on a warrant. I believe this extends to your person as well. Having said that do NOT resist a pat-down. Just verbalize that you do not consent to a pat-down/search of your person.
        I do believe that the SCOUS ruled that you can not be detained on a traffic stop waiting for a drug dog or warrant for an unreasonable amount of time. Unsure of that cutoff. Maybe some of our LEO's can chime in.

Found this ---

http://thehill.com/regulation/court-...o-wait-for-dog
        Fairly confident a cop can pay you down once removed from a vehicle under Terry v. Ohio.

Comment

Yeah, next time tell them to get a warrant. It is inherent that they will fuck something up.

Comment

Sounds to me like they didn't have probable cause if your lights were working... I guess I don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
              Sounds to me like they didn't have probable cause if your lights were working... I guess I don't understand.
              He was pulled over for DWB. That was the PC.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                He was pulled over for DWB. That was the PC.
                which also happens to white people if they're in fox bodies
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  Truth. Fox bodies with any kind of exhaust seem to just draw patrol cops out of the woodwork. Maybe it's because a lot of them used to have or want a 5.0L, but damn if the car doesn't get some unwanted attention.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    Being a beaner...and in a clean fox. Then I was double profiled.
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                      You're lucky you weren't beaten to death!
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                        Truth. Fox bodies with any kind of exhaust seem to just draw patrol cops out of the woodwork. Maybe it's because a lot of them used to have or want a 5.0L, but damn if the car doesn't get some unwanted attention.
                        I was just thinking that. You don't see them as much any more, and I think cops expect any Fox body with a V8 rumble is out to street race. When I got my first classic, it was about as old as Fox bodies are now and cops just ignored it. They ignore the fastback too still, but I'll usually get a wave or a thumbs up or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                          YEP

I'm white, but it was like an awakening when I started driving stock-ish looking diesel trucks and no longer got followed, hassled, harassed, etc.
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                            You're lucky you weren't beaten to death!
                            hahaha! Truf...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                              Don't let cops search your shit.
                              This.

Say it with me "I do not consent to a search."
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post

Found this ---

http://thehill.com/regulation/court-...o-wait-for-dog
                                This. If they can't offer up a reason on that initial stop as a reason to keep you there, they can't keep tacking on reasons to keep you there to buy time for a dog. That "We'll bring in a dog" thing is BS. They're not going to do it, they just want your consent because if they have to ask, they don't have PC and WANT to look.

For future reference, if they are asking, they don't have a reason to look so they want you to give them permission and remove liability for them breaking your stuff.
                                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                                X