Carrollton PD broke my hatch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrollton PD broke my hatch!

Here is my story..I work about two Saturdays a year...well this last Sat I'm scheduled to work, weather is good so I decide to drive the Foxbody to work.
    I get off late (9pmish) driving home going north on Midway. Two minutes into my drive home CPD decides to pull me over.

Here is how it went

Officer : D-License and ins please
    Me : I hand it over and ask why am I getting pulled over
    Officer : Your head light is out (the whole time I see that that they are both working based on the reflection of the building infront of me)
    Me : Ummm ok I see they are working so ???
    Officer : Hang tight brb

I wait 10 minutes in my car and Officer is still in his Tahoe doing god knows what with my info...I then notice another Officer show up and that is when I knew it was not going to be good.

Officer : Please exit your vehicle and asks me to search my car
    Me: Why?
    Officer : yes or no? if not then he said he would get warrant to do it but would take a couple of hours and I'd have to wait there for that...WTF

By this time I'm pissed and I tell him fine search my car but I need to phone my family that I will be home late (I live in the Colony and by this time I should have been home) So officer phones my wife and lets her know what is going on....

He searches my car inside out, nothing found he then asked for my keys to open up the hatch, I give him the keys he jams the key on the key hole. Opens the hatch searches and again nothing found. He then starts trying to wiggle key out and its not budging. So I tell him "Sir please do not scratch my car or break my hatch"

So he then asks me to go try to pull key out which did would not come loose and hatch would not latch.

At this point I'm even more pissed and tell him I now need his info because he broke my hatch. He gives me the info and says I'm not giving you a ticket ect...and I lol and said there is no reason you can give me a citation for cause I'm clean and my headlights work fine. He said have a good night gives me his info and is out.

Sorry for the long read...so what can I do about this? I want to make sure his boss/bosses know about this shit and have them fix my car.

LEOs I need some guidance. I've made a few calls this morning and just get VM's.

Rant.......
    Last edited by Juiced4v; 05-06-2016, 07:14 AM.
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

They aren't going to fix your car lol

Comment

damn dude... next time tell them to get the warrant
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I'm guessing you're not white?

Comment

Don't let cops search your shit.

Comment

If I know I am in the right 100% and have nothing to hide, then I am going to be a dick. Go get your warrant. Its a matter of principle at that point.

Now you will have to replace the latch.

Comment

I believe you would have to take this to small claims court, which means you'd be issuing it against the city. Even if you do win, they may not pay you. You're pretty much stuck replacing this yourself.

Also, never let them search you without a warrant. -MMQ

Comment

I would at least file a complaint against the officer for making shit up to pull you over and breaking your shit too.

Comment

Carrollton PD is one of the worst. Had an officer pull over a Charger on Beltline just west of I35. Cop blew through the light under I35 driving 80 to catch the Charger. He was in the far left lane with his lights on and slows to a stop. Charger goes into a turn lane on far left. Car is between Charger and cop so cop moves to middle lane to go around the other car to get behind the Charger. I'm creeping by in the far right lane just trying to squeeze through nice and slow. Oh, a car comes up behind me and almost hits me while I'm waiting for the cop to do his thing (driving erratically). Cop then swerves towards the far right lane and almost hits me as I'm creeping by. He had NO reason to attempt to go into the right lane as the Charger was in the far left turn lane. I honk at him and accelerate away. Mind you, I'm in my Lexus SUV which is quiet and slow, so it's not like I smoked the tires away from him.

The SOB ditches the Charger and chases me down and writes me a ticket for 55 in a 40. He said I drew attention to myself by honking at him. My gf and I were basically yelling at the cop for driving erratically and almost hitting us so no wonder I was a little pissed and sped off a bit.

F-Carrollton PD. They are a bunch of arrogant assholes.
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

Kind of not worth having them fix it.

It's a $15 part.
                    FREE SHIPPING! Restoration and Security. Now you can replace your Mustangs trunk or hatchback lock for a perfect showroom condition restoration and extra securi

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      I'm guessing you're not white?
                      Nope...Light skinned beaner...

Anyway...yeah I figured I would end up fixing it myself but this MFs needs to pay one way or another for doing that! I need to find out who his boss or something. They give all the other officers a bad rep.

The other cop that showed up was actually asking all sort of questions about what I had done to my Fox....I'm guessing he was a car guy. He even apologized for what was going on.
                      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        damn dude... next time tell them to get the warrant
                        I know now...if I would have had more time to kill I would have not let them search anything.

Comment

The other thing is, did the cop do anything wrong to break it, or did a worn out part just choose a crappy time to die?

Comment

Another case of why you can't trust cops.
                            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Well that sucks.

Oh and thanks for reminding me, I have to order a Dome Light Door Switch from LMR, I'm tired of driving around in the BAD-SVT and hearing that stupid chime...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X