1988 Silverado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Silverado

Any of you fellas own one of these older Silverado's? Thinking about purchasing one from a buddy of mine. It's a 1988 Silverado Single Cab Short Bed with 245K miles. 350 Engine runs good, A/C blows ice cold, heat works along with power steering and all other accessories. Stock paint with no rust but does have some clear coat peeling. No major dents or anything else. Seller purchased and installed a Holley Terminator EFI Kit along with the supporting mods (fuel system upgrade). Other than that the truck is completely stock. Plans are to use the truck as my daily driver till I can save up for a drop kit, wheels, tires, paint and LS swap. He's looking to get $3500 for it. Just don't know a whole lot about these trucks other than I like the way they look once fixed up.

ive had several 88-98 silverados

those tbi 350's are pretty bullet proof.. the dash is kinda known for cracking, the windshield wiper boards tend to break, power locks break etc.. but for an almost 30 year old truck.. that's just minor.. theres still parts available last time I checked.. 3500 is a little high unless its CLEAN!! but if you know the history, it might be worth the price

the gas gauge moves a lot on left and right turns (pretty much same on all 80's-90's chevys
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

I know that Holley Terminator EFI Kit is a little pricey.

Comment

You sure this is an 88 and not an 87? With the price he is asking, and the EFI kit, that screams 87. I wouldn't touch it at $3500 if it was truly an 88.

Comment

I had one that I bought in 2008 for $1700. I gave it a tune up, got it all one color, put tires on it, a stereo in it, and a few other minor things along the way. I sold it sometime in the middle of last year with 210,xxx miles on it for $2000.
          Unless everything else (mechanically and cosmetically) is flawless aside from the clearcoat, he's $750 to $1000 too high on the price.
          Shortly after I got it:

Just before I sold it:
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            You sure this is an 88 and not an 87? With the price he is asking, and the EFI kit, that screams 87. I wouldn't touch it at $3500 if it was truly an 88.

Isn't the 87 a different body style?

Comment

valve seals are also known for leaking.. (cloud of smoke when you start it)
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

I believe this is the kit it has installed.

Comment

$2000 kit + $1500 truck =/= a $3500 truck.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
                    Isn't the 87 a different body style?
                    Yes, the 87 was the old square body. The 88 started the body that ran to 98.

Comment

$3500 and has working ac seems like a fair price. As with any old vehicle it will need work at some point. If you have never worked on cars before it probably isn't the best to buy but will be reliable atleast to a point

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                        $3500 and has working ac seems like a fair price. As with any old vehicle it will need work at some point. If you have never worked on cars before it probably isn't the best to buy but will be reliable atleast to a point
                        Mine was a damn steal then at half the price. Ice cold A/C for the entire 7 years I had it.

Comment

How easy is a LSx, or 5.3 swap on those 88-95 trucks?
                          sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=helosailor;1572255]I had one that I bought in 2008 for $1700. I gave it a tune up, got it all one color, put tires on it, a stereo in it, and a few other minor things along the way. I sold it sometime in the middle of last year with 210,xxx miles on it for $2000.
                            Unless everything else (mechanically and cosmetically) is flawless aside from the clearcoat, he's $750 to $1000 too high on the price.
                            Shortly after I got it:

I had the same truck. Same color long bed as my first full size truck. When I was a young man. I miss it.
                            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Forgot to mention those trucks are notorious for blowing white smoke in the morning. When you cold start them if it's got higher mileage.
                              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                              X