Auto pay on a credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto pay on a credit card

On auto pay with BofA if I set it to pay weekly for an amount more than is on the card it will just deduct whatever my balance is?
    2015 F250 Platinum

Is it a credit or debit card?

Comment

On a credit card, it will go over your balance the first time, but then your next statement will be the minimum plus whatever you are over on your balance.
      Last edited by mstng86; 04-28-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Credit card. I will be putting around $5k a week on it and need it to pay every week so it doesn't max out and I don't have to remember to pay it.
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

oh, I think it is going to take the whole payment and give you more credit on the card.

Comment

Debt slave!

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
              Debt slave!
              2% cash back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

This will depend completely on the card company's policies, and how their website is set up. Every card/site is different, you need to ask them directly.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  Debt slave!
                  This^^
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

just pay it off whenever you get the money. weekly is fine monthly is fine. I usually keep 1-2 percent balance on mine. one thing to remember is you can only pay on what has posted. if you have a pending transaction you cannot go ahead and pay it off till it has posted. spending 5k of someone elses money really isn't very forgettable.
                    Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 04-28-2016, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I have the money. Instead of writing a check I can put it on my rewards card and get 2% cash back. Thing is I purchase around 4k-5k a week from this distributor and would like to be able to just pay the balance weekly automatically.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

My buddy does this, just monthly and not weekly. His vendors give a 3% discount for COD rather than net 10, so he puts it on an AMEX to get the discount and the points. Some months he has to make a payment mid month if they have to buy lots of materials.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Enjoy your debt lifestyle, plastic slave!!
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Called BofA. If I overpay they will issue a check. My best option is to set auto pay to pay a lower dollar amount so I don't over pay and every month make a separate payment to take care of the rest.

Living the plastic slave debt lifestyle. Looking at last years purchases putting it on a cash rewards should net $3800 in reward points.
                            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Why not set the funds aside in a different account and then set a payment up every month? I guess I am not understanding why you want to make a payment every week.

Comment

Working...
                              X