Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attorney for protesting tarrant property taxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attorney for protesting tarrant property taxes?

Can anyone recommend a tax agent to protest Tarrant County property taxes? Did you have to provide them with data or did they do the market analysis?

I work out of town so I cannot go to a property tax hearing. TIA.
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

You can do it online, and it's supposed to show the comps used to get that value. I haven't done mine yet, but will be soon.

Good luck!
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

You don't need an attorney. Go to the Tarrant CAD website and look for the online protest and appeal procedures and go from there.

I successfully protested my my taxes last year. I just submitted a half dozen or so comps in the area. They then requested I appear in person. It didn't take long and it was definitely worth the time & effort.

I have no idea why they throw out these arbitrary numbers, but they are probably banking that the majority won't take the time to appeal. Or not bother because they think it would be a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post

I successfully protested my my taxes last year. I just submitted a half dozen or so comps in the area. They then requested I appear in person. It didn't take long and it was definitely worth the time & effort.
        yup like I said I can't show up because I work out of town so it has nothing to do with time or effort.
        2006 Civic SI
        2009 Pilot
        1988 GT
        CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
          but they are probably banking that the majority won't take the time to appeal. Or not bother because they think it would be a waste of time.
          Yup and to think some people want MORE government.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Ours went up by the cap amount in Tarrant county.. No protesting though, since we're still well under market value on our assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              Ours went up by the cap amount in Tarrant county.. No protesting though, since we're still well under market value on our assessment.
              ours went up too, but it's at appraised value, and under what comps for my area are, so I guess I dont have much to bitch about.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Used The Ray Tax Group last year, very easy and you only pay a % of what they save, 40% is a lot but you get 50 to 55% of the savings.
                Yes my math is good they inflate the amount they save you by taking the original value without homestead exemption then the final amount includes the homestead exemption, the amount they "save" includes the homestead exemption, inflated savings means more for them. What you gonna do argue with lawyers about their bill?

Comment

I just started my online protest. Went from $175,000 to $268,000.

The comps they compared me to are ridiculous. Only 1 out of the 6 they comp me against was even close to my house size. The rest had more bedrooms, a lot more sqft, and some even had pools. I filed my online and they tried to auto-computer settle for like $243000, so I am preparing my paperwork and updating from a few years ago. I have the smallest house in the neighborhood and it seems every few years they try to comp me with the big houses.

Comment

Mine went from $82k to $122k. Taxes went from $2400-$3400. What the fuck.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Bob Ola:

http://olatax.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                        Mine went from $82k to $122k. Taxes went from $2400-$3400. What the fuck.
                        If you are homestead, they can only go up by 10%. The tax value can go up but the paid taxes can only go up 10%. They will hit you up every year for that 10% until you reach the tax value.

My house got hit with the 10% but I dont think I have a let go stand on to protest it. Im taking it in the ass on the property we have. The land doesnt have a maximum so TAD bumped it by 450%. Going from $2500/yr to $12,500/yr. Needless to say, its going on the market this week.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                          If you are homestead, they can only go up by 10%. The tax value can go up but the paid taxes can only go up 10%. They will hit you up every year for that 10% until you reach the tax value.

My house got hit with the 10% but I dont think I have a let go stand on to protest it. Im taking it in the ass on the property we have. The land doesnt have a maximum so TAD bumped it by 450%. Going from $2500/yr to $12,500/yr. Needless to say, its going on the market this week.
                          Is there anywhere that is better in DFW? Property tax may lead to armed revolt down here.

Comment

The lot we purchased jumped from $40k to $192k, but not certain I can do much about it, land in the area has taken off and it is still valued at less than the appraised amount. Tried to go online but they do not have us in the online system yet, nor did they provide the eAccess PIN #. Kind of shitty to jack them up and then not provide you a way to review the comps.
                            1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                            TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                            Work In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by lowfast View Post
                              The lot we purchased jumped from $40k to $192k, but not certain I can do much about it, land in the area has taken off and it is still valued at less than the appraised amount. Tried to go online but they do not have us in the online system yet, nor did they provide the eAccess PIN #. Kind of shitty to jack them up and then not provide you a way to review the comps.
                              Get your own comps from a realtor....you may be fucked like me.

Comment

Working...
                              X