Need a plate run please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a plate run please

My brother got a letter from a laywer on a parking ticket from 2004 describing the vehicle as a pickup. He did not have a pickup in 2004

Trying to get a better description of the vehicle. He hasn't lived in Texas in 20 years.

License plate 6HBG55

TIA

Nothing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
      Nothing

The plate came up as nothing? If it was my brothers tahoe,they would be alabama plates

Comment

I can't search Alabama

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
          I can't search Alabama

Copy that. Thanks

Comment

This is bizarre, brother had a collection agency send him collections letter on a parking ticke from 12 yrs ago on a chevrolet truck registered in his name.

He did not ow a chevy truck back then an did not live in texas. No way to trace the plate due to age I guess. He called the city an they confirmed it was ticketed an turned over to a collection agency. How the hell can they wait 12 years to turn something over to a collection agency come after you?

Anybody ever had this happen before?

Comment

Maybe it was somebody with the same name, and record keeping "lost" the DL, or something like that?

Comment

How about dxv-4322

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  Maybe it was somebody with the same name, and record keeping "lost" the DL, or something like that?
                  That's what I was thinking.. Collection agencies skip trace based on names and locations. They probably wouldn't have had a ssn or birth date since it was just tied to a vehicle registration. In fact, since it was just a parking ticket, they shouldn't have had his DL# either, would they? I would ask for some other sort of evidence that it was actually his. Can't collect on a debt that cannot be proven to be his.

When he talked to the city, did he let them know about not owning a chevy truck, and that he didn't live (or visit) Texas 12 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    That's what I was thinking.. Collection agencies skip trace based on names and locations. They probably wouldn't have had a ssn or birth date since it was just tied to a vehicle registration. In fact, since it was just a parking ticket, they shouldn't have had his DL# either, would they? I would ask for some other sort of evidence that it was actually his. Can't collect on a debt that cannot be proven to be his.

When he talked to the city, did he let them know about not owning a chevy truck, and that he didn't live (or visit) Texas 12 years ago?
                    Oh , he asked if it could be a GMC or a Tahoe, they said no, it was a chevy truck. Offense happened at 2700 milam st, Arlington Tx. He has no doubt it was not his vehicle. Cop must have had the plate a digit or two off an it fell on my brother. Just have to figure out how to prove it. 12 yrs later no one is interested in the innocent. Just the money.

Law Biding Citizen movie sums up our justice system.

Comment

Working...
                    X