Dealing with insurance on totaled car totally sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with insurance on totaled car totally sucks

OK. 18 year old broadsided my Mom (no injuries, he had insurance and admitted 100% fault) and after 2 weeks adjuster does his thing. They eventually call with news that they are totaling her '08 CTS.

1. She loved this car and had no intentions of ever getting rid of it. Paid it off 9 months after she bought it.

2. Other than deep bruise from seat belt she was not injured and did not go to doctor. I have been witness to others claiming false injuries, whiplash, etc. which she would never do in a million years.

3. I am dealing with the insurance company on her behalf and they are not offering enough to replace her car. I have had zero luck getting them to up the settlement. It was a fight just to get 2 more days on her rental even though it was 2 weeks before they even looked at the car and another 5 days before an offer, leaving her with exactly 2 days to find another car before returning rental.

I thought I was a pretty good negotiator, but can't get them to up the offer 1 penny. Any advice?
    Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

Hire an attorney and sue.

Comment

I would tell them their offer is unacceptable and you will find representation if need be. Glad to hear your mom is ok.

Comment

Find like condition vehicles in the area and compare with those. I rarely hear people complain about what they get for their totalled vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
          Find like condition vehicles in the area and compare with those. I rarely hear people complain about what they get for their totalled vehicle.
          This...or maybe there expecting too much? I've delt with many insurance companies on vehicle clams for customers (1 for myself ) and they usually always overpay.

Comment

Your Mom's insurance company is screwing her over like this or the kid's?

Comment

Originally posted by bard View Post
              Your Mom's insurance company is screwing her over like this or the kid's?
              sounds to me like the kid's insurance. He probably has fred loya or worse

Comment

Any chance this is Allstate you're talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                  I tried to coach my little brother through this process. He was driving an older car, got T-boned and totalled it. They required him to provide exact same year, mileage (relative) model, etc. before they would entertain an adjustment to the offer. I told him it wadn't worth the hassle. (98 Chrysler concorde)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Insurance adjuster

Tell them she is having double vision and headaches. Every time she turns her head she passes out. Bet that gets someone's attention.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
                      Tell them she is having double vision and headaches. Every time she turns her head she passes out. Bet that gets someone's attention.
                      Yeah, you should lie, that def sounds like a great fucking idea.

Comment

Yup find comparable cars and show them. Not sure what to tell ya after that.

Comment

Call these guys up. They are based out of NC, but just recently opened up an office in DFW.

Comment

Farmers tried the same thing when my truck was totaled and it was the other guys fault. I ended up having to file it on my own insurance (state farm) and let the two insurance companies fight it out. A year later I received my $500 deductible back after my insurance won and got their money.

Comment

I would think the replacement value calculation is pretty standard. Keep in mind it's a wrecked used car and not just a used car.

Comment

Working...
                              X