Awww Hail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awww Hail

So I got hit by the hail too, nothing to crazy like holes in my roof but my cars got popped pretty good. My question is, would my homeowners insurance cover the hail damage to my cars? My train of thought is that if I had an uninsured car parked in my garage, and hail came through my roof and fucked up the car, surely that would be covered, would the same apply if it was parked just outside my garage? I took a video of the hail coming down with the cars parked in the driveway.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Seems like the higher deductible would make you want to use your auto insurance.. Especially if they make you file a claim for each, then hit you with the deductibles.

Comment

Check your policy, some don't cover vehicles in the garage, just the garage around them. Insurance is going up either way, I would think your auto policy would be the best bet.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        Seems like the higher deductible would make you want to use your auto insurance.. Especially if they make you file a claim for each, then hit you with the deductibles.
        LOL, yeah with this being a single event and hitting 3 cars, my home deduct is $1k and I may already be paying the deduct for roof damage. 1 car is full cov, the other 2 are liability only.
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

We got about 15 seconds of small hail in Rockwall out on John King, but other than that we didn't get anything. Surprised it was that bad in RC.

My buddies SS looks like someone dumped a load of bowling balls on it from 500 feet up in Wylie.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

shop's too big to insure, has 3 cars outside.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I feel your pain. $5,600 deductible for my house and $1,000 for my truck. That is on top of the $23,000 I spent in January to get my fiberglass pool repaired due to the flooding rain we got following the tornado in December. It has been a rough 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                shop's too big to insure, has 3 cars outside.
                Hood Rich!!

Comment

My wifes car got pummeled down here in SA on tuesday night. We had some baseball size and even a little larger. My 95 F150 was parked right next to her car and it came out with only a few small dings. Her car will probably be totaled. When I went out to check for damage, the car looks like a golf ball and there was a huge hole in the back windshield. I found a baseball sized hailstone in the drivers seat.
                  "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                    We got about 15 seconds of small hail in Rockwall out on John King, but other than that we didn't get anything. Surprised it was that bad in RC.

My buddies SS looks like someone dumped a load of bowling balls on it from 500 feet up in Wylie.
                    That depends where on John King you live. I'm at 552 and we had some tennis ball size here. Got my roof, daughters '14 Mazda 3, and my Silverado.

Comment

Most home owners policy don't cover cars/bikes in the garage, I know mine doesn't which is why I maintain coverage on all that as well. My GT got hit a little bit the other day but luckily my roof is ok so I don't have to deal with that again. I'm gonna wait till May to make the claim though, try to get out of the danger zone.
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                        Most home owners policy don't cover cars/bikes in the garage, I know mine doesn't which is why I maintain coverage on all that as well. My GT got hit a little bit the other day but luckily my roof is ok so I don't have to deal with that again. I'm gonna wait till May to make the claim though, try to get out of the danger zone.
                        My real concern is what if my shop gets hit by a tornado and destroys the cars that are inside, IE race cars that are not driven on the street. Guess I need to bust out the "not covered" section of my policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                          My real concern is what if my shop gets hit by a tornado and destroys the cars that are inside, IE race cars that are not driven on the street. Guess I need to bust out the "not covered" section of my policy.
                          I would ask your agent about that, and try to make sure those get covered for sure... I wouldn't think it would add too much to the cost.
                          Originally posted by stevo
                          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

As stated call your agent, those little things that save that 20 bucks a month can really screw you.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                              I would ask your agent about that, and try to make sure those get covered for sure... I wouldn't think it would add too much to the cost.
                              Yeah I am probably going to give Tony a buzz once I get some other stuff figured out.

Comment

Working...
                              X