Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicide by Chemical in Austin

Stay weird my friends !

Emergency crews responding to a hazardous-materials report at an Austin apartment building found a man dead in an apartment amid signs warning that toxic hydrogen sulfide gas was present in the room.

That is a very common way to kill yourself in Japan. Google "detergent suicide".

It is also a great way to take out a SWAT team if the point of entry is downstairs and it can be isolated from the upstairs. Acid poured onto lime can serve the same function. A really good respirator can save you from the first one but can do nothing against the second. Using both would be the best tactic.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
      That is a very common way to kill yourself in Japan. Google "detergent suicide".....

Comment

^^^ I don't have a story to tell about this one. I found the info when I was researching how to make a large amount of lethal gas quickly.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I've tried several times to do at chemical attack at work with methane, hasn't killed anyone, just pissed off a few people....

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
            I've tried several times to do at chemical attack at work with methane, hasn't killed anyone, just pissed off a few people....
            I'm at the front of the row in my office. People think I have a fan on my desk because I get hot.... It's to blow the ass gas down range.

Comment

H2S is pretty nasty. I wonder what concentration he got in there - enough to kill in a breath or two, or did he get the 30-60 min death with convulsions and all the other good stuff?

Comment

Should of had his H2S monitor and hard hat on, someone had better call the safety man.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  I'm at the front of the row in my office. People think I have a fan on my desk because I get hot.... It's to blow the ass gas down range.

Comment

I want to live.

Comment

Suicide level: Chem-major; see also "Asian"
                      US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                        ^^^ I don't have a story to tell about this one. I found the info when I was researching how to make a large amount of lethal gas quickly.

I'm sure you can come with something
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          H2S is pretty nasty. I wonder what concentration he got in there - enough to kill in a breath or two, or did he get the 30-60 min death with convulsions and all the other good stuff?
                          From what I have read the levels that are produce are several hundred times higher then what is needed for a near instant death.

Edit: Found a story saying there was a reading of 30000 part per million in one case.
                          Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 04-14-2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                            Should of had his H2S monitor and hard hat on, someone had better call the safety man.
                            I got an argument with the safety guys at Chesapeake one time. We had to stick our h2s meters in a calibration station once a week. The calibrators used a pressured bottle of H2S to test the sensors in the meters. The problem is that these stations exhausted in whatever room they were in so you would constantly smell H2s(rotten eggs). The test gas bottle said 50ppm on the bottles. During our safety meeting about H2S these safety morons would tell us that any concentration of H2S is bad and we should not be exposed to any H2S for any reason without proper ppe. When I brought up the fact that calibration stations dumped H2S out of them into the small mechanics room they said "Oh, well its not enough to hurt you or anything". I reminded them that they told us if you could smell it it was too much H2S. I argued this for a while and then was told to stop asking questions about it by the superintendent. Gotta love oilfield antics.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                              I got an argument with the safety guys at Chesapeake one time. We had to stick our h2s meters in a calibration station once a week. The calibrators used a pressured bottle of H2S to test the sensors in the meters. The problem is that these stations exhausted in whatever room they were in so you would constantly smell H2s(rotten eggs). The test gas bottle said 50ppm on the bottles. During our safety meeting about H2S these safety morons would tell us that any concentration of H2S is bad and we should not be exposed to any H2S for any reason without proper ppe. When I brought up the fact that calibration stations dumped H2S out of them into the small mechanics room they said "Oh, well its not enough to hurt you or anything". I reminded them that they told us if you could smell it it was too much H2S. I argued this for a while and then was told to stop asking questions about it by the superintendent. Gotta love oilfield antics.
                              Yep. It is unsafe to do and prohibited, until we need you to do it to get the job done so we can make money, then you can't refuse because we said so. Saw that shit way too often when I worked in the oil field.
                              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                              X