No announcement yet.

Garland: 2 suspects abandoned a Mustang in crash that killed woman and child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garland: 2 suspects abandoned a Mustang in crash that killed woman and child

GARLAND — Police are searching for two suspects who abandoned a vehicle on Interstate 635 in Garland after a chain-reaction crash led to the death of a woman and a 4-year-old child late Thursday night.

The crash happened at about 11 p.m. Thursday on I- 635 near the La Prada Drive exit.

Police say they do not have a good description of the two suspects, who abandoned their car on the busy interstate and took off running. However, authorities say good Samaritans attempted to help others during the tragic accident.

"People stopped," said Lt. Pedro Barineau. "They were assisting those that were actually trapped in the vehicles, so the assistance that we’re getting from people around here is great."

Police say the four-vehicle pileup crash started when the driver of a Mustang started weaving in and out of traffic late Thursday night. Witnesses told police the driver of the Mustang was speeding but then began to slow down before suddenly coming to a stop.

The driver behind the Mustang hit the brakes, and another car became wedged between two vehicles.

Two passengers inside a Saturn, including an adult woman and 4-year-old child, were killed. Another child was left with critical injuries. Several others were treated for minor injuries.

The suspects abandoned the Mustang on foot and fled the scene.

Police have impounded their car, which they hope will lead to clues to the suspects' identities.

johnny football in town!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Hope it was not stolen and they actually catch these guys....

Comment

One of the many reasons why I have a camera on the windshield in the car and helmet for the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
          Hope it was not stolen and they actually catch these guys....
          Whether it was actually stolen or not, I bet the owner will claim that it was.

Comment

Other then fleeing the scene and not rendering aid what can they be charged with if someone hit them from behind?
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
              Other then fleeing the scene and not rendering aid what can they be charged with if someone hit them from behind?
              Manslaughter? Driver was speeding, weaving in and out of traffic and then came to an abrupt stop that caused the accident. Then fled the scene without rendering aid.

Comment

isn't impeding traffic a crime? what about unsafe driving (reckless, etc). surely the cops can come up with a number of things to charge the driver with at their own discretion.

Comment

Hitting the brakes if warranted is not a crime but following to closely is. Changing lanes is also not a crime and speeding is subjective but "the guilty flee when no man pursueth" so they must have been up to something. I was just wondering what they would be charged with. If they had stayed on the scene and were not racing anyone or drunk what could have been done? Can they both be charged with anything or just the driver?
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Depends on why they stopped, if it was purely a mechanical failure, then nothing, but then why run. Being that they likely stopped on purpose, in a stolen car, negligent homicide is the first thing that comes to mind, not any traffic citations, though reckless driving fits as well.

Comment

They can be charged with whatever the cop decides. If this goes to trial, and there is enough supporting evidence by witnesses they can then be convicted of reckless driving at the very least if that is on the list of charges.

Comment

^^^ That seems kind of light considering there were 2 deaths. With any luck the PD will find them.

Comment

Depends on witness testimony, if there is any. Were they the real reason for the crash? Did they cut off a driver causing a chain reaction and an unavoidable situation, or was there an idiot behind them thumbing around on his phone and not paying attention?

Comment

Civil trial would be justified in this case.

Comment

Probably just 2 illegals. Even if they are caught, they will probably be released.

Comment

Working...
                              X