Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wo has hired a public adjuster to inspect your roof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wo has hired a public adjuster to inspect your roof?

I have read about how some roofing companies claim they will work with your insurance company only to find they were not doing so. In fact it is illegal for them to do so. As I understand, only a licensed public adjuster can fill this role if you don't want to leave it completely in the hands of the insurance adjuster's opinion. I'm just wondering who has actually gone the route of getting a LPA and how did it go?

It is a violation of the Texas Insurance Code for a public adjuster to profit from both adjusting an insurance claim and making the required repairs, but surprisingly, this has historically failed to stop Texas roofing contractors from engaging in similar conduct. A new legislation and the recent decision in Reyelts v. Lon Smith Roofing and Construction might bring about a change, says Todd Tippett of Zelle Hofmann Voelbel & Mason LLP.

I did it with Allstate, took 8 months to get to the point of a LPA and he ruled in my favor. I got a new roof. Screw Allstate and their incompetent adjusters. It seemed like once they (the adjuster) said "not enough damage" they would NOT budge 1 inch, no matter what contractor I hired and completely ignored their assessment.

Mike C helped me on the first round and patched up the spots that were missing shingles, yes I had several patches of bare wood showing ........ roof A-OK said Allstate.

Comment

Working...
    X