Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a refund or exchange off Ebay for a fragrance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a refund or exchange off Ebay for a fragrance....

My mother loves Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue perfume. I've bought 3 bottles in the past from different sellers and all have had the same smell.

I bought a bottle from a Ebayer (over 350 sales and 99% positive feedback) and my mother opened it and sprayed it and said that it smells different from her past bottles. I smelled her old bottle and compared it to the new bottle and it smelled different. Wayyyyy different. The packaging and bottle were the same but fragrance is different. I dont know if the fragrance was in the sun/heat/defective.

I sent a message this morning to the seller and i'm gonna see what she says. If she tells me nothing can be done, what steps can I take? I spent 45 bucks on it and thats what I usually pay off Ebay because its around 80 bucks for the big bottle at stores. Thanks!
    Facebook- Twist of Vape
    Facebook- Chatlaniphoto

try and resolve with seller
    if nothing, file a claim for refund
    /case closed

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
      try and resolve with seller
      if nothing, file a claim for refund
      /case closed
      ^This.
      Edit: And wait for the seller to make an effort to make good before you leave feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
        ^This.
        Edit: And wait for the seller to make an effort to make good before you leave feedback.
        Well I already left feedback when the item came. I thought nothing of it. The perfume was sealed. The smells from the old bottle and this one are so different and you would think its two different fragrances. I'm hoping to get it resolved with the seller. If that doesnt work, I'll contact Ebay.. ugh!
        Facebook- Twist of Vape
        Facebook- Chatlaniphoto

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby C 01TA View Post
          My mother loves Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue perfume. I've bought 3 bottles in the past from different sellers and all have had the same smell.

I bought a bottle from a Ebayer (over 350 sales and 99% positive feedback) and my mother opened it and sprayed it and said that it smells different from her past bottles. I smelled her old bottle and compared it to the new bottle and it smelled different. Wayyyyy different. The packaging and bottle were the same but fragrance is different. I dont know if the fragrance was in the sun/heat/defective.

I sent a message this morning to the seller and i'm gonna see what she says. If she tells me nothing can be done, what steps can I take? I spent 45 bucks on it and thats what I usually pay off Ebay because its around 80 bucks for the big bottle at stores. Thanks!
          Give them a chance to resolve the issue and carefully word the message so you don't sound crazy. Not saying you are, but just put yourself in the seller's shoes. They sent a sealed/new item and the buyer wants to return/exchange something on fleabay that was half off retail because it smells different. Ya know, it does sound a little weird.

If they still say no file a dispute with paypal and escalate it to a claim. Follow ALL the timelines/rules laid out by paypal and you will win. There is a possibility you won't get the funds returned to you even if you win, but that's generally rare with someone that has that many feebdack.

IN THE FUTURE EVERYONE SHOULD ALWAYS FUND ALL EBAY/PAYPAL PURCHASES WITH A CREDIT CARD. When you file a chargeback with your credit card company you will be protected 100%.

People argue with me all the time that they used a debit card and the chargeback got their money back. Great, you didn't get hosed, but the protection for debit cards varies by state laws and by provider. Credit cards are ALWAYS protected.

I'm not the be-all end-all expert to ebay by any means, but chances are I've had more experience with it than any individual you've come across.
          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

The seller got back to me within a couple hrs. She apologized and immediately sent a refund to my PP account. Shes going to contact the supplier to see whats going on.

Hobie- I've bought tons of fragrances on fleabay at significant discounts and this is the only one thats been different. First time for everything!
            Facebook- Twist of Vape
            Facebook- Chatlaniphoto

Comment

Dont be a cheap ass, go buy that shit in a real store

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
                We dont all have "stunter bob" money
                .....bro....

Comment

Who would be so stoopid to go buy a fragrance for 80 bucks when you can get it half of that online? LOL.. This is the only product i've bought online so far that doesnt live up to the description!
                  Facebook- Twist of Vape
                  Facebook- Chatlaniphoto

Comment

Who would be so stoopid to go buy a fragrance for 80 bucks when you can get it half of that online? LOL.. This is the only product i've bought online so far that doesnt live up to the description!
                    people that don't want to chance getting knock off products such as yourself.
                    My girlfriend works for Perfumania, so i don't pay for any of my smell good!

Comment

people that don't want to chance getting knock off products such as yourself.
                      My girlfriend works for Perfumania, so i don't pay for any of my smell good!
                      their prices are average.. after the 20% off lol Cheers for getting my refund!

Fragrance is one of the biggest money makers out there. The packaging costs about $2.50 and the fragrance and bottle is about $3.00 to make. Sure the companies have to make profit.. but dam.. $80 for a $5.50 bottle makes no sense unless you have money to blow! Learned all this in college
                      Facebook- Twist of Vape
                      Facebook- Chatlaniphoto

Comment

Hate to say it Bobby but not all the stuff you get online is the same quality as what's in the stores. Sometimes its the same fragrance but it may not be as potent, if you will.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                          Hate to say it Bobby but not all the stuff you get online is the same quality as what's in the stores. Sometimes its the same fragrance but it may not be as potent, if you will.
                          Oh ya, I dont doubt it at all! I bought it cause it was a good deal and the seller had many transactions and excellent feedback. That kinda tells you that they have a good reputation. Its all good though!
                          Facebook- Twist of Vape
                          Facebook- Chatlaniphoto

Comment

Working...
                          X