2016 camaro busted for speeding a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    Just looked it up and there is some fuckery going on in the transportation code. It was a solid B offense at some point but this does not conform to that. Must have changed it and I missed the update.

Sec. 545.401. RECKLESS DRIVING; OFFENSE. (a) A person commits an offense if the person drives a vehicle in wilful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.

(b) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by:

(1) a fine not to exceed $200;

(2) confinement in county jail for not more than 30 days; or

(3) both the fine and the confinement.
    I was arrested for 181 in a 60 in Coppell about 8ish years ago. I had to do community service and pay a hefty fine, but that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
      I got a ticket in Lewisville for 128 and beat the charge in a trial.
      You don't say...

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        You don't say...
        I have never received a ticket that I did not request a jury trial for so yes, I do say.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

But of course.

Comment

^^^^ The officer was Scott Pedigo and he will remember me well if you feel like tracking him down. I think he lives in Krum if you are ever up that way.

Edit: Back then I thought he was a douchebag but as years have passed he has turned into a pretty good guy IMHO.
            Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 04-13-2016, 09:50 AM.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I didn't even read whatever crap you posted. Just saw that you had another story is all. LOL @ tracking down a cop regarding a citation as if the burden of proof is on me. Easy way to tell you're full of shit is how intensely you defend your claims.

Comment

Yeah, freely offering up specific supporting evidence is always a sign of deception
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I was caught doing 121 in a 70mph zone in 2007. He asked why I was going that fast and I just said I had the Mustang barely 2 years and never exercised it. He laughed, wrote me the ticket and let me go. I called the judge a couple of days later, explained how clean my record was, what I was doing (basically being "stupid") and I ended up getting deferred adjudication for 90 days and a $300 fine.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I drove right past a cop in a neighborhood when I was 16... as I was doing about 60.

We locked eyes as I passed, so I knew he was coming for my ass. I stood on the brakes immediately, and came to a stop just after I crested a slight hill.

He must not have expected me to be stopped. He damn near flew over the top of that hill. I heard his brakes lock up, and he slid to a stop right next to my car with tire smoke billowing past us both. I couldn't help but laugh. He wasn't laughing but he was pretty cool about it, and let me off with a warning.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      Yeah, freely offering up specific supporting evidence is always a sign of deception
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Texas criminal defense lawyers fight reckless driving and other criminal traffic citations. Don't plead guilty without getting a free case evaluation!

Reckless Driving

Reckless Driving in Texas: Criminal Laws and Penalties
                        Reckless driving is one of several traffic offenses in Texas that carry criminal penalties, instead of a citation. Typically, these are misdemeanors, but can increase to felonies in some cases if there is a death or injury involved.

The police can stop and arrest you on the spot if an officer sees you committing a criminal traffic violation. These cases usually do not involve witnesses or any physical evidence, other than the officer’s statement.

Charged with Reckless Driving in Texas?

The Texas Transportation Code defines reckless driving broadly as operating a vehicle with “willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.”

That could mean driving too fast for conditions, or significantly over the speed limit, or weaving in and out of traffic and running red lights. A criminal charge of reckless driving usually requires that you performed more than one action that endangered other people or property.

You can be charged with reckless driving on a public road, or in a parking lot, garage, or other areas open to the public vehicle traffic.

Reckless driving is a traffic misdemeanor punishable by up to 30 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $200.

The penalties for a police chase

This Texas criminal traffic charge is simple: If a police officer signals for you to stop your vehicle, and you don’t, you have can be charged with fleeing or attempting to elude, under the state’s transportation code.

The only stipulations are that the officer must be in uniform with a badge displayed, and must be in a marked police vehicle. A signal to stop can include not just the usual lights and sirens, but also hand motions or verbal orders.

Fleeing or eluding is a Class B misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in a county jail. If you “recklessly engage in conduct that places another in imminent danger of serious bodily injury,” then it becomes a Class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $4,000.

You are presumed to be reckless if do it while drunk.

Texas drag racing charges

One of the most serious criminal traffic charges is “racing on highway,” which includes drag racing and tests of the “physical endurance of the operator of a vehicle.”

While it is a Class B misdemeanor on a first offense, a road racing charge becomes a Class A if you have a previous conviction, were drinking while racing, or had an open container in the vehicle. If you’ve been convicted of racing on the highway twice before, the charge becomes a state jail felony, punishable by six months to two years in a state facility.

Drag racing is a third-degree felony – 2 to 10 years – if a person is hurt. It is a second-degree felony, punishable by up to 20 years if a person is seriously injured or killed.

Get Help With a Texas Reckless Driving Charge

But you don’t have to just accept a criminal traffic charge in Texas. We can help you with your reckless driving case, or any other criminal violation, by trying to negotiate a plea to a less serious traffic offense, or by taking the case to trial, if necessary, where the state will have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you acted with reckless disregard.

Don’t just agree to a permanent criminal record without getting a criminal defense case evaluation. Find out how we can help.

Comment

131 in a 65 on 287 leaving the motorplex in Reagor Springs by a DPS Trooper going the opposite direction in my Trans Am. I saw his lights come on as I passed him and figured I probably could have made it to I-35 before anyone had a chance to get on the freeway....but it's a felony and I didn't want to get beat down by Waxahachie PD or a trooper so I just pulled over and waited. He thanked me for stopping without a chase, then wrote me a 90 in a 65, lectured me and sent me on my way.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            Isn't it up to the cop's digression to write it as careless or reckless?
                            Always our discretion on what action to take. The higher up the chain the less discretion we have but still. Also depends on the type of crime. Crimes against people and property = FU! Bad life decisions and minor shit, not so much.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              Always our discretion on what action to take. The higher up the chain the less discretion we have but still. Also depends on the type of crime. Crimes against people and property = FU! Bad life decisions and minor shit, not so much.
                              that discretion has saved my ass SO many times! LOL

we were never out to harm anybody, but I engaged in a fair amount of hell-raising in my younger days... got in a little trouble here and there... got in more than I deserved some times, but in the grand scheme of things, I'd say I've been cut breaks more often than not

I try to show the same grace to other people
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                              X