Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheelchair-lawnmower joyride ends in tragedy in La.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelchair-lawnmower joyride ends in tragedy in La.

A fatal crash presented an unusual scene to investigators in Rayne, La., on Sunday evening.

Police Chief Carroll Stelly told CBS affiliate KLFY in Lafayette his office was notified of a collision of some kind shortly before 9 p.m. Investigators found that a truck had hit a lawnmower, and then something more. It turns out the riding lawnmower was towing someone in a wheelchair, and had another person on the hood.

As they were heading east on American Legion Drive in Rayne, a Ford F150 truck driven by a woman heading in the same direction struck them.

All three individuals not in the truck were transported to area hospitals after the crash.

The driver of the riding lawnmower was later pronounced dead. The victim was identified as 41-year-old Wilbert J. Bourque Jr.

The other two victims are in stable condition.

There is no word yet on the cause of the accident.

Wow, that F150 driver really mowed them down.

Too obvious?

Comment

I nearly ran over a guy in a scooter one night. He was riding against traffic over an overpass in the dark. I nearly hit him head on and nearly rear ended. Scared the crap out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        There is no word yet on the cause of the accident.
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Dam coonasses.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                Beat me to the possum.

(I'll take "Things you only hear in the south" for $400, Alex)
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                X