No announcement yet.

I need some minor fab work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major improvement from where it started.

Clean and simple is why I bought my limited. Please excuse the shitty cellphone pic.
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
      Major improvement from where it started.

Clean and simple is why I bought my limited. Please excuse the shitty cellphone pic.
      I would've bought a Limited if they were available with the 3.5 EB engine in 2011 when I bought mine... would've saved me a lot of work getting it where I am today.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
        It started life covered in chrome. It's a Platinum with the max-tow package. I removed all chrome, replaced the front end with Harley components and removed the F150 fender badges. Lots of little holes to weld and repaint...

Does anybody want to buy a set of OEM F150 Platinum wheels?
        What wheels are on it now?

That is a clean truck. I've got a silver one that I'd like to do something very similar with.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
          What wheels are on it now?

That is a clean truck. I've got a silver one that I'd like to do something very similar with.

Thanks. It's been a long project to get here but the result is worth it.

The new wheels are Black Rhino Traverse 22" X 9.5" in Silver. The tires are 305/45 R22. They're one size too big. The next set will be 285/40 R22. I have concerns with fender-to-tire contact, hence the helper bags.

Comment

perhaps

Clean Ridez Auto Accessories offers a full range of suspension options. From front suspension leveling kits, rear blocks, and load levelers, we can get you started. And, whether you want to crawl the mall, or be king of the hill, we can install the suspension to help you tackle whatever obstacles you may come across.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

After going back and forth and looking at several kits and mounting possibilities, I ended up buying the Slam Air kit and the wireless compressor. I'm going to run it for a while and see how it holds up. I found quite a few people running that kit with success so hopefully it'll be fine.

Thanks for the suggestions and input!

Comment

Helper bags are great. Here's my truck.

5/7 McGaughys kit (actually 7/9)
                Spindle drop
                Flip kit
                C-notch
                Half a coil cut on each spring
                Air-lift Helper bags

Rides nice and smooth. Happy to try and answer any questions, or handle any of the labor.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                  Helper bags are great. Here's my truck.

5/7 McGaughys kit (actually 7/9)
                  Spindle drop
                  Flip kit
                  C-notch
                  Half a coil cut on each spring
                  Air-lift Helper bags

Rides nice and smooth. Happy to try and answer any questions, or handle any of the labor.
                  That's sharp! Clean and simple but stands out in a crowd for sure.

This is the first time I've ever lowered a vehicle so I'm learning as I go. My main concern right now is the tires hitting the fenders on larger bumps or during suspension flex on uneven surfaces, etc. I figure helper bags will solve my problems in the rear but I don't know about the front. I may end up raising the front a tad. I could hear the tire(s) making contact once in a while when I was driving around with the radio off today.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                    That's sharp! Clean and simple but stands out in a crowd for sure.

This is the first time I've ever lowered a vehicle so I'm learning as I go. My main concern right now is the tires hitting the fenders on larger bumps or during suspension flex on uneven surfaces, etc. I figure helper bags will solve my problems in the rear but I don't know about the front. I may end up raising the front a tad. I could hear the tire(s) making contact once in a while when I was driving around with the radio off today.
                    I'm definitely hard to miss. If you're serious about staying low, you can cut the inner plastic to ease the rubbing. My tire sizes are also staggered, height wise, with a lower profile in front. I can honestly say that I don't rub at all.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    That GMC is nice!
                    Thank you, sir.

Comment

Working...
                    X