Insurance question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance question.

My uncle passed away 6 months ago. His family is keeping the truck. Still making payments on it. It's still on the uncle's name, and now the insurance company that they've been using is going out of business. How would we go about getting covered? Thanks.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Which we only insure illegals Insurance Company is going out of business?

Comment

Originally posted by a_a_g View Post
      which "we only insure illegals" insurance company is going out of business?
      ftfy
      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Get coverage with a different insurance company.

Is this a trick question?
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

You need the person that owns the car to be covered under the insurance. That's going to be hard when they are not living. Retitle truck is the only way.

Comment

Don't worry the lien holder will probably throw their own policy on it the second the existing one expires. It'll be tacked onto the noted and probably cost $10k every 6 months.

Comment

Call around for quotes, you may find a company willing to insure someone other than the legal owner, but more likely the new owner have to transfer the title through probate.

If the note is upside-down by a large margin, it may make more sense to let the lien-holder sell it, and bill the balance against your uncle's estate.

Comment

He speaks Spanish too bro!

Allstate Insurance
                Dominguez Agency
                1101 E. Bardin Rd. suite 141
                Arlington, TX. 76018
                817-405-2011
                tdominguez@allstate.com
                Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                  You need the person that owns the car to be covered under the insurance. That's going to be hard when they are not living. Retitle truck is the only way.
                  Wrong.

Comment

Did anyone have POA before death? If so produce that and death cert to re-title and then go from there. A will or affidavit of heirship would work as well

Comment

Turns out it wasn't a big deal, Just showed the death certificate to another insurance company now he's covered.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                        Wrong.
                        Have 1 car under my mom's name, noone wanted to insure it without having her on the policy

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                          Did anyone have POA before death? If so produce that and death cert to re-title and then go from there. A will or affidavit of heirship would work as well
                          POA is not valid after death.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                            Have 1 car under my mom's name, noone wanted to insure it without having her on the policy
                            Had no issues today with it.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

A lot of insurance companies won't even bother to check whose name a car is titled in. I had a 90 GT for years that was in my brothers name and I must have went through four insurance companies in that time, only one of them caught it.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X