Dallas Wants To Destroy A Popular Small Business--And Not Pay Him A Dime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Wants To Destroy A Popular Small Business--And Not Pay Him A Dime

As one of the top ranked mechanics in Dallas, Hinga Mbogo has served a wide range of clients, including a Dallas Symphony Orchestra musician, and the Dallas Police Department, by repairing their undercover cars. “When I opened this shop, I thought I had it made. I thought I had the American dream,” he said.

But thanks to a little-known zoning tactic known as “amortization,” the Dallas City Council is trying to remove Hinga from his own property. Back in 2005, the council re-zoned Hinga’s neighborhood for a “planned development district.” Any properties that were “nonconforming” with the new zoning designation had a limited amount of time to comply. For Hinga, that would mean closing down his business. “When I found out I had to lose my livelihood, I couldn’t believe that I was in America,” he added.

Time for Killdozer?
    Originally posted by Marisa
    we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Seems pretty f'ed up if true, but it seems like this sort of story is happening a lot.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Stuff like this is why I make the claim that America has been dead since before I was born.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          Stuff like this is why I make the claim that America has been dead since before I was born.
          So, 1 B.C.?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
            Time for Killdozer?
            Probably so.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
            X