Tesla Model 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla Model 3

Model 3 combines real world range, performance, safety and spaciousness into a premium sedan that only Tesla can build. Our most affordable car yet, Model 3 achieves 215 miles of range per charge while starting at only $35,000 before incentives. Model 3 is designed to attain the highest safety ratings in every category.

215 miles
    Range per charge

Under 6 seconds Zero to 60 mph

Seating for
    5 Adults

Designed for Safety
    Autopilot Hardware
    Supercharging
    Capable
    $35,000
    Starting price before incentives Deliveries begin late 2017

WRX

The entry-level Tesla Model 3 sedan is coming this month, and it’s not just supposed to transform the future of the company, it’s supposed to transform the electric car into a bit player for the sybaritic and the techno-weirdos into a clean vehicle for the masses. Here’s everything we know.

Some pics and vids here - http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/31/11...specs-preorder
    WRX

Comment

Now that is a possibility right there.

Comment

Gas is cheap = electric cars are stoopid.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          Want to go pick out some matching brodozers while it's still cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by bp View Post
            gas is cheap = electric cars are stoopid.
            lol.....

Comment

oh the irony
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

They need to do something with the front end. Musk says they will tweak it a bit.

I'd be willing to consider an electric at this point but I'm not putting $1000 down for a car that is almost 2 years away from it's planned production start. Especially when the company has a history of slipping behind on their production start dates. Also, there are 300000 people in front of the line, so it will probably be another couple years after that before anyone that didn't reserve one can get one. By then, there will be several other affordable electrics available.

Comment

Now at that price and mileage range they are becoming an option. My wife commutes a total of 24 miles a day and this would actually work for us. Still not useable for most road trips, but definitely workable for middle class commuters.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I like Tesla, so I pay attention to what they're doing. Driving a Model S is pretty special.

That said, Having driven a Leaf as a daily for the last 2 years, Tesla is finally cracking the code. Affordable + range. This stupid leaf gets about 80 miles to a charge. Charging it at home takes all night, and the one time I needed to use a charging station, I had to try 4 different locations before I found one that actually worked. That sucked out loud.

At least the Tesla Supercharging stations actually work.

As soon as this lease is up this summer, I'm just going to enjoy 13.5mpg and smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      Want to go pick out some matching brodozers while it's still cheap?
                      Too late, I traded my hybrid for a Wrangler last weekend. Trying to be more like Elvis. Then again I only drive about 20 miles a week now, instead of the 100+ a day when I worked at LKQ.

Comment

Btw TSLA has more than doubled since February. They are up 3% today while the rest of the market is down almost 1%.

Comment

I'm looking pretty hard at one for a commuter. The deposit is refundable, so I guarantee half (or more) of the people who have "pre-ordered" will drop out. Either way, I can wait a few years before handing over $1000 to reserve a car that won't get made for at least 18 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                            I'm looking pretty hard at one for a commuter. The deposit is refundable, so I guarantee half (or more) of the people who have "pre-ordered" will drop out. Either way, I can wait a few years before handing over $1000 to reserve a car that won't get made for at least 18 months.
                            Also keep in mind that the $7500 tax credit starts to phase out after 200k cars are produced.

Comment

Also keep in mind that the $7500 tax credit starts to phase out after 200k cars are produced.
                              Even without that tax credit, the car will be worth the MSRP if the quality is even close to the Model S and Model X, so that doesn't bother me. Yes, the tax credit is great, and it would be stupid to not think about taking advantage of it, but I don't think I'll get my hands on one before that 200k mark, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X