VA Disability Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Disability Question

Is there anyone on here getting any disability from the VA, if so how do you get your money? Check, loaded to a Prepaid visa or does it have to be direct deposited into a bank account? This is not for me personally, just trying to figure something out about the birth giver.

Originally posted by coley View Post
    Is there anyone on here getting any disability from the VA, if so how do you get your money? Check, loaded to a Prepaid visa or does it have to be direct deposited into a bank account? This is not for me personally, just trying to figure something out about the birth giver.
    Frost..

Comment

the birth giver?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        the birth giver?
        My sons bio mom. She hasn't paid any child support pretty much the whole time my son grew up. She gets VA disability, but the child support office say they cannot touch it. She does have warrants for her arrest for not paying (only took a decade of bitching).
        I am wanting to know what kind of paper trail is leading to her so hopefully one day I could get some money out of her. My son is 19 and off at college and I would love to be able to give him the money so he could focus more on school.

Comment

My sons bio mom. She hasn't paid any child support pretty much the whole time my son grew up. She gets VA disability, but the child support office say they cannot touch it. She does have warrants for her arrest for not paying (only took a decade of bitching).
          I am wanting to know what kind of paper trail is leading to her so hopefully one day I could get some money out of her. My son is 19 and off at college and I would love to be able to give him the money so he could focus more on school.
          You need to be talking to a lawyer.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

At 19 I would think he would have to be the one to go after her, as the money was his all along (just sent to you as he was a minor). And it seems like social security would have been who should have been paying support on her behalf.

Comment

I am the one who has the judgement and child support is to the custodial parent, not the child

Comment

I am the one who has the judgement
                On his behalf, no?

IDK, I'm no lawyer, just something I had heard in the past..

Comment

Good luck.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    On his behalf, no?

IDK, I'm no lawyer, just something I had heard in the past..
                    the kid didnt support himself in in lieu of mom paying, dad did.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      the kid didnt support himself in in lieu of mom paying, dad did.
                      I get what you're saying, but child support is for the child, not the parent. The parent gets the money because the child is a minor. For example, as soon as the second boy turned 18, the money started going to him, in his name, directly. Even though he lives with and is supported by us.

Comment

I get what you're saying, but child support is for the child, not the parent. The parent gets the money because the child is a minor. For example, as soon as the second boy turned 18, the money started going to him, in his name, directly. Even though he lives with and is supported by us.
                        Well, yeah, but the last 18 years of back payments go to the father.

*edit* when did they start giving 18yo's child support?
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Well, yeah, but the last 18 years of back payments go to the father.
                          Some states allow for the adult child to sue for arrears child support.. Some require the parent to assign rights, some do not. Again, the money was for the kid, not to reimburse the other parent for their expenses in raising said kid..

You don't owe the guardian money when you owe child support, you owe the kid but the guardian must take the legal action to collect.

But like I said, I am not a lawyer and states tend to differ, so Texas may be completely different.

Comment

*edit* when did they start giving 18yo's child support?
                            Depends on what is in the divorce decree / child support order. Some say that the kid gets support until 18 or until graduating from high school, whichever is later. As long as regularly attending and on track to graduate (pretty common).

Some states require it, and in fact, some even require support to continue through college.

Comment

Some states allow for the adult child to sue for arrears child support.. Some require the parent to assign rights, some do not. Again, the money was for the kid, not to reimburse the other parent for their expenses in raising said kid..

You don't owe the guardian money when you owe child support, you owe the kid but the guardian must take the legal action to collect.

But like I said, I am not a lawyer and states tend to differ, so Texas may be completely different.
                              I dont think we agree on that. If you have a kid, you have a share in making sure that your kid is provided for. If you and the kids other parent arent together, you then owe child support to the parent that has guardianship. They are the one paying for food, clothing, housing, etc. Not the kid. It's not allowance.

Comment

Working...
                              X