Dog sitter or place to board a dog in Crowley / Burleson area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog sitter or place to board a dog in Crowley / Burleson area

Anyone know a professional dog sitter? Reputable, vetted, bonded, trustworthy? We need to have one for an upcoming weekend trip. If I can have someone come in a couple times a day on a Friday / Saturday to let him out / in and chill out with him for a bit, that's an option,

Or

Board him somewhere, which might trigger his memories of being in a shelter years ago before we rescued him... so they'd have to be a good one that did a little more than stick him in a crate all day long.

He's a dachshund.

Working on a couple other options but just checking...

If you are willing to drive a little. We use Posh Pets in Southwest Fort Worth (near Benbrook). It was the first place we used for our mini-poodle. He went there once a week for day care, used them for boarding and also all his grooming. The ladies are super nice and our dog loved going there. So much so that when we come to the DFW area we bring the dog with us and let him stay there instead of using our local boarder where we live now.

Comment

Alright thanks, I'll look into that..

Comment

I use pines pet pampering on 174 just south of Burleson....they are a little expensive, but if u love your dog and want him/her treated right and not locked in a cage 24hrs a day then this is the place

Comment

That is why we use posh pets. Dogs are not locked in a cage 24/7. Several rooms (and several outdoor areas) all supervised. Then there is someone there 24/7 to monitor.

Comment

There's a couple of people that live in Burleson that might help

Comment

How long are you going to gone for?
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                How long are you going to gone for?
                Leave on a Friday evening, return on Sunday afternoon...

Comment

Man, I might be able to help you out. I have a house and backyard here in burleson. Do you provide a kennel? I don't think I have much going on this weekend.

also, I have no other dogs.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    Man, I might be able to help you out. I have a house and backyard here in burleson. Do you provide a kennel? I don't think I have much going on this weekend.

also, I have no other dogs.
                    Man that is a generous offer, for sure! I showed the Posh Pet option to my wife to be, and I think she is already leaning in that direction. If it was just up to me, I'd say let him hang out with someone in their back yard and house for the weekend, but my girl would be nervous.

Mainly because he is spoiled beyond belief and demands most your attention, will spend the first evening mapping the entire house, sitting in your lap, sleeping in your bed, ignoring you until you've got some treats, yogurt, steak, potato chips, bacon, or a plate to lick... LOL!

He's typical dachshund and pretty much rules the house. Huge personality, though.... and a sense of humor.

Anyway, it's a couple of weekends away and I'll let her know and reply back. My thinking is she'll go with the professional boarding option.

Thanks again for offering!

Comment

Just a quick note. We take the dog, his food and his toy. That is it. Looking at the website it shows a la carte meals $2. I believe that is if they provide the food. We have never paid for them to feed him. If you have never taken a dog to day care or boarding that might be confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                        This place STILL kicks ass. Good people are hard to come by anymore.
                        Square Business..

I've met some good friends on this board, all the way back in 2000. Guys I didn't even know, were more than happy to help me over the weekend put heads / cam / intake on the old hatch.

In turn, I did the same for someone else a couple years later.

Now I've forgotten almost everything I ever learned about that stuff and am going to need some help again next time I try to hot rod something, LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                          Just a quick note. We take the dog, his food and his toy. That is it. Looking at the website it shows a la carte meals $2. I believe that is if they provide the food. We have never paid for them to feed him. If you have never taken a dog to day care or boarding that might be confusing.
                          Weekend bag for the dog:

Favorite Blankie
                          Burrow Toy (you stuff little 3 hedgie hogs into a stuffed burrow hole, he goes nuts as you're stuffing them in, then excitedly extracts them)

Full size Hedgie Toy
                          Greenie - stuffed snake
                          Small Beefhide bone
                          Large Beefhide bone

Tooth Brushie Chews
                          Chicken Jerkie Treats

Comment

For that short of a stay I would suggest his food and 1 toy. I don't let our dog chew on raw hides when we are not around. To easy to get choked IMO. I figure they are having fun around other dogs and not worried about toys in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                              For that short of a stay I would suggest his food and 1 toy. I don't let our dog chew on raw hides when we are not around. To easy to get choked IMO. I figure they are having fun around other dogs and not worried about toys in that situation.
                              You make an excellent point. I gave him a pretty good size rib bone once and he chewed the whole thing up and swallowed it. He is fiercely defensive about anything he might be wanting to chew up and swallow- to the point of stopping chewing and acting all innocent lol.

I have to be careful when giving him those Dentastix chews because he'll try and swallow them while and he got one stuck in his throat. He acts like anything he eats is his last meal ever!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X