No announcement yet.

WTF, SYNC update keeps failing. halp!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF, SYNC update keeps failing. halp!!!

I'm trying to run the stupid SYNC update in my Stang, followed Fords steps, tried Google searching and then tried everyone else's steps that had issues, but no go.
    I downloaded the update 2 times, to make sure it was not corrupt. Unzipped it, copied the 2 files and one folder to 3 different USB sticks, same issue, the "Install Application" option always says there are no files to install, make sure they are in the root folder...

Well, they are in the root of the USB, I'm going fucking crazy trying to get it to work! Anyone had any recent updates they did successfully? Ford had issues on the download site for a while, but tried again today and it worked.

Wanted to update it so my new Galaxy S7 will work with SYNC, text messages are not supported till I update. Works great in the Fusion, newer SYNC version tho.

I've never have done this update but I know on some cars if the memory stick has a large capacity it won't recognize it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
      I've never have done this update but I know on some cars if the memory stick has a large capacity it won't recognize it.
      I tried an 8,16 and 64 gig stick, all I have here.

Comment

I updated my 11' Fusion a few years back when I first bought it, there was something with the file naming convention I had to change for the car to see the file...cant remember though, will try to find it.
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I did it on my F150, the first time it failed, the second time it worked fine with no changes??? I used an old 2gb flash drive. Also I didn't think it would take long but it was like 45mins give or take.

Comment

I will try a 2 gig drive tonight, if Best Buy has any I can buy!
            I ran an update about a year ago, not tbis many problems!

Comment

I need to update mine, hope it goes more smoothly.

Comment

I updated mine today and the website says I have 3.8 and the lady in my dashboard says 3.7.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  I updated mine today and the website says I have 3.8 and the lady in my dashboard says 3.7.
                  Which Sync do you have, My Touch, or the basic radio with Sync?
                  Whst dize USB stick did you use? Ive now tried 5, none work. Smallest I have is 4 gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                    Which Sync do you have, My Touch, or the basic radio with Sync?
                    Whst dize USB stick did you use? Ive now tried 5, none work. Smallest I have is 4 gigs.
                    I have the mytouch. I used an 8gb usb flash drive.

Comment

I have the mytouch. I used an 8gb usb flash drive.
                      Cool. Just to chk my steps, you copied the unzipped folder and 2 files to the USB, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                        Cool. Just to chk my steps, you copied the unzipped folder and 2 files to the USB, correct?
                        Yeah you actually open the downloaded file and then copy the items in the file to the drive. My download had a 3 items to copy over. If you just copy the file as downloaded it won't work. Then just plug into you car and it automatically downloads.

Comment

Yeah you actually open the downloaded file and then copy the items in the file to the drive. My download had a 3 items to copy over. If you just copy the file as downloaded it won't work. Then just plug into you car and it automatically downloads.
                          Yeah, that was what I did, downloaded to the PC, unzipped, then copy the folder and 2 files to the USB... Fricken POS!!!

Comment

If you want you can bring it here and have it done too.

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
                              If you want you can bring it here and have it done too.
                              Where is here at?

Comment

Working...
                              X