Hot rod people: looking for a specific builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    Found the builder! Thanks for the help everyone. I knew the power of DFWM would solve this one.

It was built by the former Lonestar Rod Shop. They built six deuce coupes in 2009ish with different colors and details, but the same bodies and hot rod chassis.
    They build em all from scratch or did they have some that were make overs? Valve covers, air filter, hoses, tires/wheels, jacked up steering angles, pin striping, and taillights all look the same. Car has a twin running around somewhere if it is not it. I know we built three or four fender less black 30's models cars over the years. All but one had a Chevy front clip and one had Johns Chevelle engine in it from on here. LOL

Good looking car either way.

I see one of my old mans cars pop up every now and again. He built at least two to four a year from when I was born until about three years ago when they divorced. He did all his own welding, paint, engine and interior work. Mom even had a two tone, suicide, Chevy sedan, grape over Lexas white with a LT1. I think when he sold hers the divorce was soon behind. He was bad about spending a bunch of cash on them and then selling them cheap just to fund the next build.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      They build em all from scratch or did they have some that were make overs? Valve covers, air filter, hoses, tires/wheels, jacked up steering angles, pin striping, and taillights all look the same. Car has a twin running around somewhere if it is not it. I know we built three or four fender less black 30's models cars over the years. All but one had a Chevy front clip and one had Johns Chevelle engine in it from on here. LOL
      All scratch builds. They bought all the bodies and frames brand new a few at a time. This one was the shop owner's personal car.

Comment

Working...
      X