No announcement yet.

Tipping movers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tip everybody because I'm not a cheap-assed curmudgeon.

three guys = $20/ea

what goes around, comes around
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

30 pack of beer

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      I bet he doesn't tip pizza drivers because there is a delivery fee.
      Do you know how much money you can make delivering pizza?!

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
        I had a company do a shitty job, talk on their cell phones half the time, and were noticeably slow to the point of adding an unnecessary hour to the whole deal, and I tipped them nothing.
        This. I tip if they finish when they are supposed to. Try Black Tie Moving if you need a reputable crew.

Comment

Fuck, I didnt know you're supposed to tip movers. The last time I tried they wouldn't accept my money, so I just assumed all movers were the same.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
            Fuck, I didnt know you're supposed to tip movers. The last time I tried they wouldn't accept my money, so I just assumed all movers were the same.
            That was probably just that company's policy..

If someone is doing something you should could do, but don't feel like it, a tip should be considered.

Comment

Breakfast, lunch, Gatorade, $20 each.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Last fall I paid $85 an hour for 3 guys. I tipped $100 for the 4 of them to split.
                sigpic

Comment

This has always been a tough a call for me as well. I love to tip after a job well done but I won't notice the quality of the move until after they're long gone.

Example: When we moved into Farmers Market we used a highly recommended mover. It was great. I even acted as the 4th mover. Everyone received $10 or $20 I can't remember.

A year later we moved into our first home. I called the same company. This time I wasn't able to be there. I wasn't worried about it since I know what kind of service they provide. Gave they guys $20 each upfront, the key to both places and left. I found nicks and scratches everywhere after that move.

Comment

I have always tipped $20 each to movers.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                      Last time I moved I gave the guys a 20 spot each.
                      I did the same.

But I pretty much tip everybody, including the guys that installed my AC/furnace. After spending 12 hours in my cramped attic, yes they deserved it.

Comment

Working...
                      X