Tipping movers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tipping movers?

How much, 3 guys and a big ass truck? I am paying $95.00 an hour already plus a fuel surcharge and moving blankets (thick paper stuff).
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Last time I moved I gave the guys a 20 spot each.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
      Last time I moved I gave the guys a 20 spot each.
      That's the most I would do..

If they're the same color as you Henry, you know they'd be happy with a case of Bud Light!

Comment

Wait, what? $95 an hour and they expect a tip?!? How about no?

Comment

Last time movers I used I just bought them lunch on both packing and unloading days.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            Wait, what? $95 an hour and they expect a tip?!? How about no?
            The moving company gets that..
            Last edited by Chili; 03-31-2016, 10:49 AM. Reason: unneeded apostrophy

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              The moving company get's that..
              I bet he doesn't tip pizza drivers because there is a delivery fee.

Comment

This is the first I've ever heard of tipping movers from a moving company.
                Those guys aren't paid server or delivery driver wages.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                  $15 an hour and no benefits, usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                    Delivery drivers don't get paid server wages.. That I know of anyway.

I consider tipping anyone that comes into my home to provide a service, or handles a bunch of my personal shit. Not saying they always get one, but usually get something.

One exception is those that are doing side work, or otherwise working for themselves, since they are the one's getting the money anyway.

Never big amounts, mind you. Somewhere between $10 and $20. Last time I paid movers I just bought them beer after it was done, and provided water and gatorade while they were working.

Comment

I can't say based off what you're saying. I tipped 4 guys + boss 200 on my last move. That was a 14-15 hour day for them, they did a great job and worked non-stop. Well, they did take a lunch break but no dinner break.

I will say that 95 an hour seems high.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

$20/each sounds about right. They can each enjoy a 12 pack on Henry
                        Allstate Insurance
                        Dominguez Agency
                        1101 E. Bardin Rd. suite 141
                        Arlington, TX. 76018
                        817-405-2011
                        tdominguez@allstate.com
                        Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Comment

I did, 10 each and an 18 of beer. I had a friday afternoon appointment, they called and had a cancellation, so instead of two guys, they sent three. Everything was empty and boxed, so it was really quick moving, especially since we only went about 4 miles.

Once I tipped them, they told me that they were still mine for 45 mins, that I already paid for, and asked if they could help arrange furniture and stuff. They helped out a bunch.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            $15 an hour and no benefits, usually.
                            That's survivable hood wages in my book!
                            sigpic

Comment

20 bucks per man if they handled my shit real good, didn't bump any walls, and weren't riding the clock.

I had a company do a shitty job, talk on their cell phones half the time, and were noticeably slow to the point of adding an unnecessary hour to the whole deal, and I tipped them nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X