Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we finally going to get a Diesel F150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
    Is it possible to just get a basic truck anymore? No power windows/locks/steering, 4wd, floors that can be hosed down, manual trans, v8...etc?
    Absolutely. Go to a place like commercialtrucktrader and buy a fleet vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
      Absolutely. Go to a place like commercialtrucktrader and buy a fleet vehicle.
      Interesting, never knew such a site existed. Checking it out now.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Call me when we get diesel Rangers with supercrew cabs, 4wd, and standard transmission.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Wonder if it's going to need "pig juice" aka DEF.
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

All of the major auto manufacturers are cashing in as much as possible on the American supersize jumbo super quad cab full size truck market because it makes them money....LOTS of money. As long as Americans will pull out their wallets and plop 60 grand or more down for one of these monster trucks the manufacturers are going to keep cashing in on it. I'm all for Ford building a new light duty Ranger, Toyota and Nissan building a light duty 4 cylinder truck like what they sold in the 80's and 90's, and Chevy selling a new light duty S-10 sized truck...no frills, small V6 or 4 cyl, diesel, roll up windows....but I wouldn't count on it...it would seriously disrupt the full size truck cash cow market.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              All of the major auto manufacturers are cashing in as much as possible on the American supersize jumbo super quad cab full size truck market because it makes them money....LOTS of money. As long as Americans will pull out their wallets and plop 60 grand or more down for one of these monster trucks the manufacturers are going to keep cashing in on it. I'm all for Ford building a new light duty Ranger, Toyota and Nissan building a light duty 4 cylinder truck like what they sold in the 80's and 90's, and Chevy selling a new light duty S-10 sized truck...no frills, small V6 or 4 cyl, diesel, roll up windows....but I wouldn't count on it...it would seriously disrupt the full size truck cash cow market.
              This is no bullshit. Not only that but the options. Prices on the very base models with cloth seats and shit hasn't moved all that much in the last decade. I would guess maybe 15-20% or so. But holy shit, the prices on the higher levels of trim will make you pause. It is pretty incredible to me that people will pay over $50K for a truck at any trim level.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I work at a dodge dealership, and I would say at least 2-3 times a week we have a customer blow his gasket when he finds out how much it cost to change the oil and or fuel filters in his Eco diesel. One guy had just bought his truck about 2 months prior, came in for an oil change and once he heard the price, walked straight to the front and traded it in on a hemi. They take almost 9 quarts and require synthetic euro 5w-40 oil. It cost around $160 for an oil change. I believe the oil and fuel filter change is around $350. Yeah they get good mileage, but the maintenance is crazy. Hell it only cost $80 to get the oil changed in a 6.7 one ton that takes 12 quarts of oil!!

Comment

The performance of that eco diesel isnt good wnough to offset buying a gasser. Maintenance costs paired with initial price tag being much higher makes the eco diesel a poor choice

Comment

I remember when I bought my truck, a guy came in and bought a platinum f450 4 door 4x4 yada yada. The sales guy said that was the only truck he could be financed on and was essentially going to cost him $100k with rollover/trade in. His payments were $1400/72.

Comment

I've noticed the little Colorado trucks have swollen up and damn near the size of a full size. At that point it's not worth buying to me, just get the full size.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                        I've noticed the little Colorado trucks have swollen up and damn near the size of a full size. At that point it's not worth buying to me, just get the full size.
                        Yeah, they are about the size of what was a traditional full size. I park my 95 C1500 next to any new full size nowdays and it is dwarfed.

I miss the days of simple short dashes, rubber floor mats, vinyl bench seats, manual windows, and the sound of metal echo when you slam a door.

Comment

Bring back the days of the mini trucks- Ford Courier, Chevy Luv, Toyota HiLux, Datsun 1600.... I would love to find an old Courier and do an Eco Boost conversion.

Buick V6 conversions in mini trucks were the rage back in the late 70's when I was in HS-old fart here.

Comment

Working...
                          X