Tattoos, Mainstream or still Taboo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoos, Mainstream or still Taboo?

So many people have tats these days that it's rare to meet a girl without one. I have noticed many more neck and face tattoos on the next gen that it makes me wonder if the tattoo taboo is fading. I guess what I'm asking is if any of you would deny someone employment based on what you thought of someones tattoo? Is a shitty tattoo in your eyes a deal breaker from a relationship standpoint?

its mainstream and almost the norm.

The tattoo business must be thriving in Terrell, TX. Every single person in that town has a tat.

As far as if its a deal breaker, just don't have it on your face and it needs to be non-offensive.

Comment

My sister in law interviewed a few weeks ago and I asked her if her tats were out, she said yeah, I told her that was pretty dumb shit to not cover them, maybe I was wrong.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

For a job, don't want to see it.

For a chick, lets have a look and decide.
        WRX

Comment

Definitely becoming more mainstream, which is why I finally got the sleeve that I have been wanting for decades. I did keep it at 3/4 so I could still cover it with a long sleeve shirt with the cuffs rolled. And I would cover it for a job interview. That said, everyone at my current place knows about it and I have been promoted since getting it. If I didn't think it would impact my career, I would prefer full sleeves and maybe even extending to the back of my hands, but that is still pretty frowned upon in corporate America.

As a hiring manager it would probably depend on location, primarily. Just as an indicator of good judgement, I would hope that anyone I consider would have the common sense to cover it up for interviews. I will say that although I have interviewed dozens, if not over a hundred people in the last 15 years, I do not recall ever seeing one visible on a candidate. Not that none of them had them, mind you.

Comment

Oh, and from a relationship standpoint; Yeah, if a chick had a really shitty tattoo that was plainly visible, that would be a turn-off.

Comment

They have been mainstream for while now. I keep my tats covered, after 6 years here, very few people even know I have them.

Comment

I got a bicep band a few weeks back. I can cover it up or show it off. Now that I got one, I am going to get another. It's a fucking blast.

Comment

When I was in college, I thought the tramp stamp was cool, but now I think it's tacky. I'm not into tats or piercings at all. Clean is cool, IMO.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Im ok with most, but a thigh tat is an instant turn off for me.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

a butterfly on the back turns into a buzzard in the crack

Comment

Comment

Interesting that many of us cannot look past a tatoo in the hiring process yet possibly have a smorgasbord of tatt's themselves. I get that this form of art is in the eye of the beholder, but maybe not having one it the better option. Either way, perhaps the next gen can look past this even though my gen cannot. With that said, let me present exhibit A from a local watering hole. IMO, very hott with a bleh thigh tatt.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                            You can still pull off Jean Claude Van Damme, if I squint.
                            And if I start doing coke again.... LOL

Comment

Seems pretty mainstream today. I am the guy that's had 15 or so daily drivers in as many years, so a tattoo is WAY too much commitment for me. Doesn't bother me if other people have them though.

Comment

Working...
                              X