Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demolition team destroys wrong house, blames Google....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demolition team destroys wrong house, blames Google....

Wow, how stupid can you be?

Video of news coverage in link:

A Dallas-area woman’s home was demolished in a flub by a company tasked with helping the town rebuild from a deadly tornado, she said. Lindsay Diaz arrived Tuesday to find a pile of rubble wh…

Originally posted by NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Thursday, March 24, 2016

A Dallas-area woman’s home was demolished in a flub by a company tasked with helping the town rebuild from a deadly tornado, she said.

Lindsay Diaz arrived Tuesday to find a pile of rubble where her damaged yet structurally sound Rowlett duplex used to be, she told KTVT-TV. A team from Billy L. Nabors Demolition was supposed to dismantle another corner duplex one block away in the town torn apart by the Dec. 26 tornado that killed 11 people, Diaz said.

“Boom. Just like the tornado came through again,” Diaz told the TV station. She said the president of the demolition firm brushed her aside when she called him.

Lindsay Diaz said she found a pile of rubble Tuesday where her home used to be.

Lindsay Diaz said she found a pile of rubble Tuesday where her home used to be.
    “I didn’t believe he was telling me this,” Diaz said. “I was hoping for an apology, ‘I’m sorry my company did this, we’ll make it better.’ But instead he’s telling me how the insurance is going to handle it and telling me that it’s going to be a nasty fight.”

A staff member who answered the phone at Nabors Demolition Thursday declined to comment.

Diaz said engineers judged the duplex damaged but structurally sound and she and the other homeowner were planning to repair it before it got demolished.

Diaz said engineers judged the duplex damaged but structurally sound and she and the other homeowner were planning to repair it before it got demolished.
    Permits obtained by WFAA-TV confirmed the company’s error, showing the job called for a demolition on Cousteau Drive rather than at Diaz’s duplex on Calypso Drive. Nabors CEO George Gomez told the TV station the screwup is “no big deal” but Rowlett City Manager Brian Funderburk disagreed.

“I think this is a huge deal,” Funderburk said. “The homeowners were in the process of trying to figure out what it was going to take to repair their home and now they're looking at rebuilding it instead. I think this is a very big deal."

A staff member who answered the phone at Billy L. Nabors Demolition Thursday declined to comment on the mistake.

A staff member who answered the phone at Billy L. Nabors Demolition Thursday declined to comment on the mistake.
    Facebook users have flooded the company’s page with comments making fun of a company truck with “Jesus Saves” and “We could wreck the world” written on it.

“News travels fast these days Billy,” one user wrote. “Accidents happen but when your company is in the wrong the Christian response is to work to fix the problem not threaten a ‘nasty fight.’”

For latest restrictions check www.corbisimages.com
    G.J. MCCARTHY/© G.J. MCCARTHY/DALLAS MORNING
    A picture of Rowlett, Tex., a suburb northeast of Dallas, shows the damage a day after the Dec. 26 tornado that killed 11 people.
    “Who leaves their Facebook page live given the attention it has gathered and doesn't use the page to apologize?” another user wrote. “I can't believe their attorney hasn't made a statement as to how they're gonna resolve this!”

Diaz said in an interview with WFAA on Wednesday that she filed a police report and is working through a claim with Nabors’ insurance company.

“I feel further away from moving into a home today than I did after the tornado hit,” she said.

where do they blame google

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
      where do they blame google
      when they were a block away.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Had to be the super-defensive super saying that there'd be a huge fight. There's nothing to fight, they demolished the wrong house, plain and simple. The bad press is going to cost a lot more than a "huge fight" will save them.

Comment

Amazing companies dont think social media helps or hurts businesses these days. This guy should apologize and just rebuild the house.

Comment

Naynus could sink them in an afternoon between naps.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

It's like getting upset about your wrecked 96 caravan being sent to the crusher, and then being upset that you're going to get a new one

Comment

So if someone came in and knocked your shit down with all your stuff inside you wouldn't be upset? I smell bullshit.
                QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
                  So if someone came in and knocked your shit down with all your stuff inside you wouldn't be upset? I smell bullshit.
                  The tornado did that not the demolition company. The story describes the house as being damaged but structurally sound. Obviously the family was not living in it.

And yes if I lived in a 20 year old duplex I would be happy to get a new one

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                    The tornado did that not the demolition company. The story describes the house as being damaged but structurally sound. Obviously the family was not living in it.

And yes if I lived in a 20 year old duplex I would be happy to get a new one
                    The problem is that there isn't any assurance that they are getting a new anything, all they have heard is that they are in for some legal expenses. Pull your head outta your ass.

They very well may end up getting a substantial sum, in the meantime all they have is uncertainty that was directly caused by someone else.

Comment

Not to mention a long drawn out legal battle I'm sure. I'd rather continue living in that dump then deal with that shit. If the idiotic demolition company won't even admit fault they sure as hell aren't going to cooperate with anyone to make the insurance claim easier. Hopefully they have good contractor's insurance.

Comment

Working...
                      X