Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you make to much to qualify for section 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David View Post
    It's because that shit sways the stupid voters. People who can only grasp and focus on one issue and it's all they have.
    To an extent I agree with this a little bit. A lot of the various things that are going bad in this country, it's hard for the average Joe (which includes me) to really understand how to resolve them. Especially with all the bullshit we're fed.

In my case, I take a step back and make my decision on things I know.

I know wars/conflicts and the realities (i.e. Obama's "plan" was crap and then he far exceeded my expectations on how much crap he would do - but I knew his exit strategy was no good for Iraq)
    I know guns
    I know illegal should mean illegal
    I know more money spent than comes in is bad

etc...etc...etc...etc

When you're lied to 100% of the time and don't have the time to study every issue, all the time - you tend to divide it up into things you do know and do not know. Then focus on what they say for the things you understand and have experienced.

I guess may be I am stupid for pay close attention to select items.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I turned down ~$250K from one position because it would require me to move there. I've been to that area multiple times and frankly it's a beautiful area. I can understand why many Californians don't want to leave.

The politics was another thing for me but I do agree with with Abecx that it's not nearly as big a deal as some people make it out to be. Folks around San Fran can be a bit radical but the further away you get from there, the more reasonable people can get

At the end of the day, it's just too expensive to raise a family there. I have a nice house and a heavily treed acre in Denton. There is no way I could get that anywhere close to 50-100 miles from the Valley. Abecx is right about the perks but even that isn't enough to sway me on the cost of living.

Comment

We had an analyst here that took a job in San Fran and rented a condo there in downtown. $7,000 a month and it is nothing special. I am not sure how you could live there on 250K a year, that would seem like peasant wages from what I know. I often talk with my buddies in the business about opportunities and moving to LA, SF or NY to start our own shop and we all agree that it would take about triple the pay before we are interested.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          We had an analyst here that took a job in San Fran and rented a condo there in downtown. $7,000 a month and it is nothing special. I am not sure how you could live there on 250K a year, that would seem like peasant wages from what I know. I often talk with my buddies in the business about opportunities and moving to LA, SF or NY to start our own shop and we all agree that it would take about triple the pay before we are interested.
          Our old place rents for $2k more a month than when we left in 2013. Let's not forget the 10% state income tax.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

For that kind of scratch, you'd think that helicopter commuting would be more popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              For that kind of scratch, you'd think that helicopter commuting would be more popular.
              It's not a terrible idea except San Fran would never allow that much air traffic within the city. I'm not sure Palo Alto would either.

Comment

Working...
              X