1968-1974 corvette worth anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968-1974 corvette worth anything?

Way out here in BFE Albuquerque near an indian reservation while working on the railroad I caught a glimpse of the tail-end of a red 68-74 Corvette sitting on rotted tires behind a run down home....kinda got me wondering if its something I should pursue? No clue if it has a motor or tranny...just saw the body (back glass was intact).

72 or back if you get anything. Owned a 74 and regretted every moment I looked and didn't see metal front and rear bumpers.

Comment

73 up were called rubber bumper vettes. 73 they did the front , 74 they did the rear. they are worth less than a paint job will cost. they were the beginning of the smog vettes which are also low in value. 68-72 will fair much better .

Comment

I have a '73 now.... they're still some what desirable because of the lack of rear rounded rubber bumper, even still, any significant amount of paint/body/restore quickly gets outta hand dollar wise.

Use caution buying one that needs too much work.

mardyn.

Comment

Even rubber bumper C3's are gaining in value if they're in decent shape. Metal bumper ones are sniffing around C2 prices right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
            Way out here in BFE Albuquerque near an indian reservation while working on the railroad I caught a glimpse of the tail-end of a red 68-74 Corvette sitting on rotted tires behind a run down home....kinda got me wondering if its something I should pursue? No clue if it has a motor or tranny...just saw the body (back glass was intact).
            I would ask, the only risk is that it's stolen or the residents are crazy meth heads

Comment

I don't give a crap what anyone says I want one. I want one with a 350 and manual trans in damn near any color except red. As a very young boy I still remember thinking this was the coolest car of all time, and they are only looking better with age IMO.

I'd prefer a '70-'72, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at a '73-'77 with an L82 / 4 speed combo for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                I don't give a crap what anyone says I want one. I want one with a 350 and manual trans in damn near any color except red. As a very young boy I still remember thinking this was the coolest car of all time, and they are only looking better with age IMO.

I'd prefer a '70-'72, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at a '73-'77 with an L82 / 4 speed combo for sure.
                [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Corvettes-Inside-Rebirth-American-Legend/dp/0671685015[/ame]

Comment

Uhhhhhhh.......I think I need to figure out how to get in contact with the owner of this car....its definitely not a 73 or 74...its a T-top, big block 454 Stingray with metal bumpers. I'm thinking 71 or 72 with a manual tranny.

Comment

thats nice!

Comment

Tits! Was the motor in it?
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

That's definitely on the higher end scale value wise. If you do get in contact with the guy, make damned sure that the bird cage isn't rusted out on it.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          Tits! Was the motor in it?
                          Dunno...I don't like poking around behind peoples homes without permission...especially out here in the wild west where everyone carries guns. I'd sure like to know more about it. Nobody answered the door when I knocked but the driveway was empty and the porch light was lit so I know they have electricity.

Comment

your looking at 15k+ on getting paint on it . clear parking lights so it is 71-72 .

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                              Get some numbers on that thing so we can decode it!
                              yeah I should have gotten the VIN off the dash but I already felt like I was trespassing so I didn't go poking around too much. Obviously its been sitting there for a while so I don't think its going anywhere soon. If I can find anyone who LEGALLY owns it I wonder what the response would be if I offered them $500 bucks to haul away that junk car for them

Comment

Working...
                              X