A/C guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C guys?

Do we have any home HVAC guys on here? Recommendations? I'm in the Mansfield area.

I know jyro is/was...he's pretty much disappeared from here. Sucks.

Did you already check your capacitor?

Comment

Originally posted by upgrade View Post
      Did you already check your capacitor?
      I always have an extra on hand. So yes.

Comment

A #1 Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrr!!! they seem like nice folks on tv!! Whats it doing? My dad was hvac guy for 30 yrs maybe I can ask him what he thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
          A #1 Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrr!!! they seem like nice folks on tv!! Whats it doing? My dad was hvac guy for 30 yrs maybe I can ask him what he thinks.
          Lol. And really lmao@ tags.

Everything seems to be good minus it not blowing cold. But.......back story is, my dog or should I say the fucking heathen we found, chewed up the wires running to the outside unit. I repaired said wires. Everything was good to go. Two weeks later it was not doing shit. Then winter (or so I heard it was winter) hit. Didn't fuck with it till yesterday. I honestly think the system has a leak. It's was an issue when we bought the house.

Comment

sounds like a few issues would be tough to diagnose without gauges etc. hopefully someone can chime and find you an honest tech.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
              sounds like a few issues would be tough to diagnose without gauges etc. hopefully someone can chime and find you an honest tech.
              Exactly, gauges are the problem. I have none! And R22 or whatever this system holds. Lol.

Comment

check the fuse in your control board or transformer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badford View Post
                  check the fuse in your control board or transformer.
                  I replaced it when the dog chew up the wires. I also checked it the other day. All good.

I'm not totally lost on this. I've done my fair share of automotive a/c work. I appreciate the advice though.
                  Last edited by Mysticcobrakilla; 03-16-2016, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Do you know if the compressor outside is coming on? R22 is not cheap, but if everything is in good working order and is not leaking bad (charge it once a year) I would just charge it up. If I were closer I could help but I am in Carrollton. Call Terry and tell him Richard gave you his info. He is out of Red Oak.

Dallas Cool Air
                    214-235-8169

Comment

anyone know the going rate of a annual check and R22 top off? Been needing to get mine done as well but dreading the quote.

AC will keep the house at 66 if I want but will never turn off (insulation and 15 windows doesn't help). I can raise it to 70 but will never drop back below 1 degree above the setting(stay at 71 trying to get to 70). The system used to be more efficient even with the windows, vaulted ceilings...etc but seems like it needs a charge.

I am in Irving
                      Originally posted by Sean88gt
                      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by mustngacman View Post
                        Do you know if the compressor outside is coming on? R22 is not cheap, but if everything is in good working order and is not leaking bad (charge it once a year) I would just charge it up. If I were closer I could help but I am in Carrollton. Call Terry and tell him Richard gave you his info. He is out of Red Oak.

Dallas Cool Air
                        214-235-8169
                        Can't really tell with the fan coming on with it(hopefully).

Thanks for referral.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post

Thanks for referral.
                          Take the side cover off and put your hand on the compressor. You'll feel it if it's running, and it will heat up as well.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post

Thanks for referral.
                            Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Take the side cover off and put your hand on the compressor. You'll feel it if it's running, and it will heat up as well.
                            You usually can hear the compressor kick on. The last AC guy I had out said you will almost always hear the compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              You usually can hear the compressor kick on. The last AC guy I had out said you will almost always hear the compressor.
                              I can't with my unit. The fan motor is so noisy, that's all I hear.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X