Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell him he's getting paid to his potential
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

"I didnt tell you what everyone else up here makes?"

No!

"Then it's none of your goddamn business, get back to work"
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        "I didnt tell you what everyone else up here makes?"

No!

"Then it's none of your goddamn business, get back to work"
        Damn, this sounds like Rick Modena is running the show up there, haha!
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm going to be the liberal here....

...sometimes a good work culture involves work looking after its employees....within limits....within limits...within limits.

If he is an excellent employee and is just struggling for a bit I'd handle it differently than if he is just barely cutting it and causing more problems than he is worth.

A little support from an employer CAN create a ton of dedication and loyalty from the employee. However, determining which employees will appreciate it and which will just take advantage of it is the tough part. Typically, you'd know better if they have a lot of tenure with your company....just hard to know for this situation from my perspective.

Of course the safe bet is to string him a long, find a replacement and cut him. Cause regardless, that money difference is probably going to eat at him until he does something where you have to fire him or he quits.

So in short - if you think he is worth it - give him the money. If not, start finding a replacement.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Put him in the car & take him for a ride. Drive by a cemetery & tell him that the people in there all thought they couldn't be replaced at one time or another. Enjoy the silence on the ride back....

Comment

I'm the other tech and evidently he went to bottom of drawer and saw other guys stuff too. Out of line imo. Won't go into much depth about his work ethic or abilities since not much nice will come out at this time. It doesn't seem easy to find good techs it seems, which would probably be nice to have one drop by bout now. Appreciate the responses guys, can't stand drama in the workplace. Baron, well said lol

Comment

Who cares if he saw someone else's pay rate. Move on. People running companies act like it's secret information and expect their employees to keep it to themselves, while at the same time, they expect the employee to share their past pay rate with them so that they can have an advantage to lowball their employees. It's a double standard, don't you think?

I would tell the employee that there are many variables that go into what people make and that they have the potential to make the same money one day if they are willing to put in the work.

Comment

I'd tell him the pay is based on performance
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
                    What's up with the fake account?
                    Slackers (2002) clip with quote Why don't you shut your mouth, you skanky-assed "bee-yatch." Yarn is the best search for video clips by quote. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect clip.

Comment

Comment

The two D's are for a "double-dose of pimpin".

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
                          I'm the other tech and evidently he went to bottom of drawer and saw other guys stuff too.
                          If the check was sitting at the top and he dug to the bottom then thats snooping. The fact that while he was snooping (looking for something to steal perhaps?) he found out some information and then he was stupid enough to bring it up to you thereby exposing what he did is regrettable and shows his ignorance. The fact that he's trying to use the information to leverage more money out of you is criminal.

He has proven that he is untrustworthy with a simple task, and that he would fuck you if he could - I'd fire him in a heartbeat for being a bag of shit

My .02

Comment

I'd let him go if he was snooping. However sharing your pay rate with other employees is federally protected, no matter what your employer says.

Comment

Some companies have an open policy on pay rate. I think whole foods is one. Anyone can look up what anyone else is making. The idea is, that managers are held more accountable and so are employees.

If Employee Jeff asks his Manager why Employee Sally is making more, he should be able to list off the reasons why Sally is a rock star and what Jeff can do to better his skills so that next review, he might measure up.

If the manager can't answer or articulate that question, then yeah, he needs to take a look at why Jeff is not compensated as well. It's a way to keep the criteria for success transparent, measurable, and achievable.

Comment

It's always a delicate subject but you already answered your own question about his work ethic and his family problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X