Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
    When i was back home Tarrant County credit union always had the best deals
    This is who I used a while back to refinance my truck loan, simply because the rate was so much better. I originally financed my 2005 F250 in 2011 with Texas Trust Credit Union for 3.9%. About 18 months later, I refinanced it with Tarrant County Credit Union for 1.9%, and it was an 8-year old truck with over 100k miles. I had checked around and no one would touch it with that many miles. TCCU didn't seem to care at all. I didn't have any account with them or anything before that. We ended up getting the same rate for my wife (fiancé at the time), with me as a cosigner. We paid them both off a long time ago, but it was a good experience.

I will say this - in the process of getting loans with both credit unions, we also set up checking accounts, and I have a credit card with both. Their customer service is shitty, and only available during bankers' hours. You can't get shit done at night or on a weekend, like you can with big banks. Oh, and both of them have really fucked up websites. They are WAAAAAAAY worse to deal with than BofA or Compass when it comes to online access and getting ahold of someone when you need it. That, and they are really bad about declining transactions if you are out of state, which sucks for me because I travel back and forth from TX to CO all the time. Same thing with Christmas. If they see you making 2-3 purchases in one day all of a sudden, they shut it down for suspicion of fraud. On fucking Christmas fucking Eve! And then, of course you can't get ahold of anybody until after Christmas to do shit about it, and every department claims it wasn't them that shut it off, so there is no way to prevent it from happening again. Ironically, I get more actual fraud bullshit pop up with these cards where they don't block it. I'm having to dispute some bullshit charges from Montreal, Canada right now. WTF? Why didn't they stop that shit, if anything? Anyway, great, cheap auto loans. Shitty to bank with. I hate credit unions.

Comment

Damn, y'all make me want to shop around to refinance outta this 7.45% car loan.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
        This is who I used a while back to refinance my truck loan, simply because the rate was so much better. I originally financed my 2005 F250 in 2011 with Texas Trust Credit Union for 3.9%. About 18 months later, I refinanced it with Tarrant County Credit Union for 1.9%, and it was an 8-year old truck with over 100k miles. I had checked around and no one would touch it with that many miles. TCCU didn't seem to care at all. I didn't have any account with them or anything before that. We ended up getting the same rate for my wife (fiancé at the time), with me as a cosigner. We paid them both off a long time ago, but it was a good experience.

I will say this - in the process of getting loans with both credit unions, we also set up checking accounts, and I have a credit card with both. Their customer service is shitty, and only available during bankers' hours. You can't get shit done at night or on a weekend, like you can with big banks. Oh, and both of them have really fucked up websites. They are WAAAAAAAY worse to deal with than BofA or Compass when it comes to online access and getting ahold of someone when you need it. That, and they are really bad about declining transactions if you are out of state, which sucks for me because I travel back and forth from TX to CO all the time. Same thing with Christmas. If they see you making 2-3 purchases in one day all of a sudden, they shut it down for suspicion of fraud. On fucking Christmas fucking Eve! And then, of course you can't get ahold of anybody until after Christmas to do shit about it, and every department claims it wasn't them that shut it off, so there is no way to prevent it from happening again. Ironically, I get more actual fraud bullshit pop up with these cards where they don't block it. I'm having to dispute some bullshit charges from Montreal, Canada right now. WTF? Why didn't they stop that shit, if anything? Anyway, great, cheap auto loans. Shitty to bank with. I hate credit unions.
        Damn, i knew they were a pain to get ahold of but didn't ever have to deal with them like that. but, i didn't use them as my normal bank and only had $25 in an account to get me the membership benefits, everything else done through BofA as normal and i just paid to the account at TCCU.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          My credit is already good. This should be easier than it has been so far.
          Yeah you should have lots of good offers then. Now a good time because I think rates will start rising get it while it's cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post

I've had an account with Texans Credit Union for over a decade, and never the experience that you describe. The website works great, from what I remember, the rate that I got on my truck years ago was good, and I still use that account from here in CA from time to time without issue through a network union. I simply let the fraud department know that I "travel" here often, and did the same when we've gone to Mexico without incident.

I've got another account with Chase now, and they have fancier ATM's is all. Not all credit union's suck for banking, but it sounds like yours definitely does.

Comment

I've used Pen Fed a couple of times.

Usually the best rate if it isn't over 10 years old.

Comment

Granted it wasn't that old, but my last used vehicle was financed through Pegasus Credit Union out of Fort Worth. I think they may have just been bought out by Neighborhood Credit Union, but I got 2.5% on a 3yr note.

Comment

9% isn't a bad rate on that year collateral. You shouldn't be financing that much, the finance charge shouldn't be overly large if you pay it down in a reasonable time. I wouldn't do a lower rate than that. A lot of the above posts are comparing rates on refis, which is entirely different, and considerably lower risk for the lender. You're talking an 11 year old vehicle, unless you get the LTV down considerably, 9% is probably what to expect, and you won't get much term. No lender with common sense would do a lower rate with more term, way too much risk. A secured personal loan is probably the best way to go.
                  Last edited by CJ; 03-15-2016, 10:42 PM.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I Remember a buddy financed a 1996 dodge stealth through capital one. No idea the rate he got, I was just shocked some one would finance a 20 year old sports car of questionable value

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                      I Remember a buddy financed a 1996 dodge stealth through capital one. No idea the rate he got, I was just shocked some one would finance a 20 year old sports car of questionable value
                      It wasn't an auto loan, that is hilariously outside of their underwriting guidelines. It was probably a note loan of some kind. And who the fuck can't afford to pay cash for a 20 year old dodge stealth, hehe.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                      X