Used car loan source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used car loan source?

I'm looking for a loan on my 2005 Mustang and people don't seem too interested in financing a car that old, even though it's low milage and in great shape.

My inlaws were sweet enough to fork over the cash so I could buy it outright, and now that I have the title in hand, I want to pay them back.

I contacted the credit union that my business has a relationship with and I'm looking at a 9-10% interest rate which sux.

Any other, better options out there?

Personal loan?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
      Personal loan?
      Yessir, I suppose I could go that route and not worry about the fact that it's for a car. My credit is great. Think it'd be that much cheaper?

Edit: according to the credit union site, personal loans look like 10-17%.

Comment

For a car that old it's kinda par for the course. you might get lower by shopping around but it won't be by much.
        QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
          For a car that old it's kinda par for the course. you might get lower by shopping around but it won't be by much.
          Horse shit, lol.

Comment

I just get pre-approved from USAA ... USAA an option?
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              I just get pre-approved from USAA ... USAA an option?
              Maybe? My dad was in the Navy.

Comment

They don't even ask me info on the car, just the $ amount and length of loan.
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Penfed.org

Comment

I think USAA used car rates are still pretty close to that.

Comment

Rates on used cars are higher than new, and personal loans are going to be much higher rates than both.

I'll second PenFed. My current car loan isn't through them but I am a member.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Penfed 100%

Comment

I have an LOC that's at 7.5% which is still worse than most auto loans with good credit.
                          sigpic

Comment

USAA will be at 7.75% if you have great credit and set up auto payments, 8% without auto payment.
                            That is for a 2005, $10,000 loan. I'm just going off what I remember from the CL add for the mustang. I called to make sure, that is an APR and they can do 36/48/60 month terms.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                              I think USAA used car rates are still pretty close to that.
                              Yep, for this situation - just checked:

Used car (2009 - 2014) $15,000+ is 2.75%

Older car (2008 or older) under $15,000 is 7.75% ... over $15,000 is 2.75%

Comment

Working...
                              X