Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the biggest lie you've ever told about a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the biggest lie you've ever told about a car?

I was talking to some dudes at a job site in rural out of state area yesterday, and the subject of cars and hot rods came up. The place I'm at builds some highly custom, specialized stuff out of stainless steel and it's full of bad ass welders and fabricators.

Anyway, we got to talking about turbos and I couldn't help but pull up pictures of my red fox coupe that was going to hopefully haul ass, had plenty of good shit on it with a Brooks custom turbo 80MM kit, a built AOD, Big Stuff 3 Dart block, on and on. Pictures look astounding, and before I knew it,

It just happened. I said some total untruths. The fact is, it never even ran.

But to hear ME tell it, it was the fastest motherfucker on the earth, LOL!

I know I am not the only one.

i told everyone my 94 z28 ran 13.8s in michigan, when i first moved down here. I had never had it on the track. I took it out to ennis, and it went a 13.87.

I am hoping that will hold true with this LS FOX. i think it'll go 10.99 on a shot as it sits. If it goes 11.2 i'll be fine, but i keep standing by the 10.99 and i have extra jets if it wont get it.

Comment

They asked how much horsepower it made. I said, "I never had it on the dyno, but however much it takes to run 8.60 @ 160". I stole those numbers from Chris Chow's twin turbo Grand National that floated around the internet 14 years ago. LOL....

Rodney, go ahead and just say it already ran 10s!!

Comment

"It's bone stock with mufflers".

Gutted 93 coupe with everything put back factory fresh.....looking.

Edit

Rafa??? "Just a stock 3v".
        Last edited by Mysticcobrakilla; 03-10-2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Years ago when I used to frequent the street races off Royal/35 area I had a dump on my mildly modified 83 Supra and convinced more than a handful of Camaros/GTA's/Mustangs, etc that it wasn't a car to be messed with
          Car had an imported 3 liter 6MGE, ported head, Cam Techniques cam, headers and exhaust...ran high 14's and did fantastic burnouts, Sounded like a 10 second race car when revved up though

Comment

One of my fondest memories was racing SPANKU in his wifes Z28. I lost back to back on a double or nothin for like $50 out in garland. He hustled the shit out of me. we went bottle to bottle twice and his automatic car that was 'ls1 stock' just got down a lot harder than my m6 'ls1 stock' car.

Comment

The street race hustle was always a good time, especially on bikes.

Comment

It just has a cat back and an air intake kit.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

This thread reminded me of this

Comment

Ran when parked.

Comment

Honda is back with McLaren, they'll be competitive again (2015)
                      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                      Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

AC just needs a charge

Comment

"It's finished"

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                            I took it out to ennis, and it went a 13.87.
                            No it didn't you lying shitbag.

Comment

Only rolled once lol

Comment

Working...
                              X