Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to look for salvage boat parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to look for salvage boat parts?

I'm looking for a MPI fuel injection system and intake
    off of a Mercruiser 305/350 engine. I'm looking for one for my truck project, and they seem to be a pretty rare item as I haven't been able to come across one.

Just wondering if there are any boat salvage yards or part houses in DFW area where I might find one used.

TIA.
    Last edited by F8LSVT; 03-10-2016, 09:11 PM.
    1990 GT

Try http://www.texasfishingforum.com/
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

The bottom of the Gulf?

Comment

Lolz
        1990 GT

Comment

Actually I have seen that shit down there. I hang out in the ROV control room when I'm offshore and watch them driving the subsea robots...

We've seen it all. Tires, boat parts, a little kid's inflatable boat - they snatched it up with the robot arms to see if there was a body under it, but instead there was some crabs living there, LOL...

Not to mention the subsea well stuff, active, abandoned, etc.... miles of pipelines, some of it abandoned, discarded...

We may very well go look at the Deepwater Horizon rig over in the next few months.... it's still down there...

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
            We may very well go look at the Deepwater Horizon rig over in the next few months.... it's still down there...
            Don't poke at it too much,

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
              Don't poke at it too much,
              I am sure if we got near it, it would be a somber moment, for sure. When you've been on a drill floor on a rig, and especially when you've seen a boom flare being lit off and how violent, loud, and bright it is in the night sky.... and it's a controlled event.... you realize the deadly consequences of not managing all that pressure coming up from under the sea floor.

To know that there was enough heat to melt that rig and sink it within 24 hours is unbelievable.

Anyway sorry for trashing the thread!

Comment

Oh yea, the boat place. There was, a long time ago in Garland, (is) was a boat wrecking yard at Garvon and State st. A long time ago.
                Got side tracked.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                  Actually I have seen that shit down there. I hang out in the ROV control room when I'm offshore and watch them driving the subsea robots...

We've seen it all. Tires, boat parts, a little kid's inflatable boat - they snatched it up with the robot arms to see if there was a body under it, but instead there was some crabs living there, LOL...

Not to mention the subsea well stuff, active, abandoned, etc.... miles of pipelines, some of it abandoned, discarded...

I can only imagine the amount of junk down there. Humans have managed to trash just about everything.
                  1990 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                    Oh yea, the boat place. There was, a long time ago in Garland, (is) was a boat wrecking yard at Garvon and State st. A long time ago.
                    Got side tracked.
                    Thanks I'll do some digging and see if it's still around. Unless you wanna pay a zillion dollars for one from Mercrusier, I've come to figure out these systems are rarer than hens teeth used. IDK why GM didn't go that route when they had the chance back in the day.
                    1990 GT

Comment

Working...
                    X