Alabama man accused of stealing nearly $200k in quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny
    That's about the same value of all the pre-64 coins I've amassed over the years.

I'm sure svo will out-svo me.
    I do not know how much I have but I still have bags of junk silver coins that I bought from Ruffco with my paper route money so that will give you a hint about how long I have been pack ratting silver. I doubt that I have 200k worth. If I had to guess I would say 60k.

Originally posted by BP View Post
    He has 5 tons of Confederate silver coinage left to his great grandfather by Jefferson Davis.
    I think that the half of my family that was in the US back then lived up north.
    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 03-09-2016, 08:07 PM.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

When I was in grade school back in the 80's I would go over to a friends house and hang out. His dad and mom had a big antique safe in their house and there was always a bunch of quarters on the floor in front of it. His dad worked for Metro Transit and his job was to count the bus fairs for each day. One day he was arrested for embezzling over $100,000 in quarters over a couple year period.

Comment

Working...
      X