Where to find FedEx truck auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find FedEx truck auction

I'm looking to find out where FedEx auctions their trucks.

Specifically the Sprinter trucks, seen these as Dodge branded but there are several manufacturers building these under their own badge.

Jay Johnson
    Jay Johnson
    Car hauler for hire

When you say sprinter trucks, I assume you mean sprinter vans?

Do you need a sprinter vs a cargo?

You can find used sprinter/cargo vans all over the place for cheap.

What are you looking at doing with the unit?

Comment

The ground guys own their own trucks for the most part. They're "contractors"

Comment

Most medium duty truck dealerships will have some.. (Sprinter vans in general, not necessarily FedEx)

Comment

I've seen some used Sprinters listed under $4000, but the mileage starts to become an issue. Then I just need to check the drive train.
          Odd thing that I 've seen with these motors, is that some of them die under 100k miles, while others go onto 400k.

Looking to get one for travel, where I can start with an empty(or with the fold-up shelves) and make my own basic provisions.

Would like to get one that is stand-up tall, over 20 mpg, non-dually, short wheel base, and 2wd.
          Jay Johnson
          Car hauler for hire

Comment

a friend of mine is a big sprinter fan, he posted on FB a few months ago about an issue with them:

To the best of my memory, the older (05?) models are better, and they dont have a provision for the ECM to tell that the EGR system is ready/working/whatever the state of cali wanted to have it tell them for smog. The fix was an aftermarket tuner that deletes the egr function ( and gives better economy etc) but it is not legal in cali. So while it will make them "pass" the smog test, it "cant" be done.

In his opinion, there would be a plethora of those model vans that would be going up for sale in cali in the near future.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I think there are 2 or 3 different interior heights.
              Jay Johnson
              Car hauler for hire

Comment

G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                X