Global Warming, and the danger of "proving" things with science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Warming, and the danger of "proving" things with science

Ive mentioned it before, but setting out to prove anything in the science community can be dangerous. Often times, you will prove what you want and may even be good enough to prove it to others.

I just read an article that demonstrated this better than anything else ive ever seen. Surprisingly it came from discussions regarding climate change.

"....
    Now, no livestock were involved, but suspecting that we had too many elephants now, I did the research and I proved we had too many, and I recommended that we would have to reduce their numbers and bring them down to a level that the land could sustain. Now, that was a terrible decision for me to have to make, and it was political dynamite, frankly. So our government formed a team of experts to evaluate my research. They did. They agreed with me, and over the following years, we shot 40,000 elephants to try to stop the damage. And it got worse, not better. Loving elephants as I do, that was the saddest and greatest blunder of my life, and I will carry that to my grave. One good thing did come out of it. It made me absolutely determined to devote my life to finding solutions."

Allan Savory is a good man with the best intentions...be he slaughtered 40,000 elephants on biased research because he needed to prove something.

Reference:

(NOTE: Statements in this talk have been challenged by scientists working in this field. Please read "Corrections & Updates" below for more details.) "Desertification is a fancy word for land that is turning to desert," begins Allan Savory in this quietly powerful talk. And it's happening to about two-thirds of the world's grasslands, accelerating climate change and causing traditional grazing societies to descend into social chaos. Savory has devoted his life to stopping it. He now believes -- and his work may show -- that a surprising factor can protect grasslands and even reclaim degraded land that was once desert.

Originally posted by Denny
    Copy/paste... must be trash.

Come up with something on your own.
    Must have missed the first few paragraphs.

Come on now...i know youre not that dumb. Or are you still playing naynay? Trolol?

Comment

You just put your input with someone else's article. That means you don't know squat.

Just being consistent.
      No i put my input in, then referenced the story with evidence.

I didnt just copy and paste an article, bold some shit in red, then post no original content.

So are you really too dumb to know the difference? Lol man I didnt realize you really were as bad as the troll you cry so much about.

Comment

Skimmed it, saw a grammar error, lost all credibility.

I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post

I'm out.
          Touche. This is the proper way to troll.

See how he didn't strive to make a square peg fit a round hole while demonstrating a lack of critical reasoning skills and reading comprehension?

Comment

I checked out at "Global Warming"

Comment

Now you're not even staying on topic. Why do you try to impress people with your copy/paste crap, only to digress? We are all waiting on pins and needles for your next article. You can even end it with "I couldn't have said it better." so there would be some original content by you.
              Awww...frustrated that your derail succeded in confirming that youre a dumbass? Poor little denny...cant even see you brought it off topic trying to play captain save a hoe again. I dont even have to try with you.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                I checked out at "Global Warming"
                Its a massively different answer than you would expect. Im not going to post the whole article, but its an approach that you wont hear mentioned because it cant drive a new tax, or funding for electric vehicles/turbines/solar.

Comment

I counted three in his original content.
                  Who gets to three, one is to many!

too, bite!!??!??

Comment

You're trying too hard now.
                    Not even trying little man. If i was...id be taking serious shit.

You came into my thread, attempting to vindicate your e-crush by proving what real stupidity looks like. You pulled a naynay...successfully i might add. Who is it thats trying? Your sole objective was to derail a thread...looking like a dumbass in the process.

Comment

You're so pissed, you can't even post straight. Now THAT'S funny!
                      Ohhhhh i see what you mean. Youre right.

Comment

Whose defense?

Comment

Oh. Continue.

Comment

What about the other two guys he's keeping at bay?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post

I'm out.
                              this.

good talk russ.

Comment

Working...
                              X