No announcement yet.

Best options for Insuring a 1998 Supra Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using American Classics and have a 40k stated value policy $720yr and i don't think there is a milage restriction. They told me to drive my car more since i only put 218 miles on it in 12 months...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      I have Hagerty collector insurance on the Shelby. Limited mileage, but super affordable.
      I have had Hagerty for a few years now and they are easy to work with.

Comment

Hagerty is cheap because they tell you to f off when you file a claim

Comment

When I had my Z06 I insured it on a collectors car policy with a stated value. The requirements for it were to be stored in doors and your price was based on how many miles a year you wanted to drive it and the value. I think I did 5k miles a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            I have Hagerty collector insurance on the Shelby. Limited mileage, but super affordable.
            You got a Shelby??

Comment

Originally posted by 69gto View Post
              Hagerty is cheap because they tell you to f off when you file a claim
              I've alwayswondered this.

I need to eventually get out of using Gieco for my Cobra.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                Those specialty places aren't always the best route. I have Farmers for everything. When I had the Cobra, it was a 3rd vehicle. There were no mileage restrictions, but both drivers had primary vehicles. I was only paying about $200 a year more to keep it fully covered.
                My Gieco policy on the cobra is full coverage, 250 deductibles but listed as a limited mileage vehicle. I think I can put 3,000 a year on it. Laughingly, I haven't put 3,000 miles on it since I bought it 9 years ago this July. I only have it listed as a low mileage condition car though. An accident or theft claim of any kind would be a nightmare and certainly not be near my expenses to replace or repair. But that is my gamble and not a hard one to make since it just sits anyways.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                  My Gieco policy on the cobra is full coverage, 250 deductibles but listed as a limited mileage vehicle. I think I can put 3,000 a year on it. Laughingly, I haven't put 3,000 miles on it since I bought it 9 years ago this July. I only have it listed as a low mileage condition car though. An accident or theft claim of any kind would be a nightmare and certainly not be near my expenses to replace or repair. But that is my gamble and not a hard one to make since it just sits anyways.
                  My coworker turned me on to Grundy, his chevelle lost the drive shaft at speed, and it tore up his floor pretty bad, and broke the tail shaft on the trans. Called Grundy, they sent an adjuster, he looked at it and asked what it would take to fix, they looked up parts and labor on the estimating system, and he cut him a check for something like 5k. He had it back on the road for considerably less.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Can anyone get ahold of dville and have him check PMs? I've got a situation that I could use his help with
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                      Can anyone get ahold of dville and have him check PMs? I've got a situation that I could use his help with
                      sent him a text
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                        I didn't text him.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          You got a Shelby??
                          yessir. 2014 silver with black stripes

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                            You got a Shelby??
                            !
                            Silverback has been resurrected... Where's that Silver Crew now? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              sent him a text
                              Thanks man, my buddies wife's burb needs a 5.3 reflash pretty quickly
                              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                              X