No announcement yet.

Kennedale gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If something doesn't change soon COTA might not make it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      sears point?
      The sign out front says Sonoma Raceway, then again Laguna Seca is Mazda Raceway these days. It's like north Texas Highways.

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
        If something doesn't change soon COTA might not make it either.
        The city agreed to devalue the land. So they will be paying less taxes and also be due a refund from 3? previous years I believe it was. Weather or not that is enough to keep them afloat? IDK...
        1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
        1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
        2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Labora View Post
          The city agreed to devalue the land. So they will be paying less taxes and also be due a refund from 3? previous years I believe it was. Weather or not that is enough to keep them afloat? IDK...
          What does the weather have to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

well...

The news is the latest in a series of jolts for COTA surrounding this year's race. Bad weather contributed in an attendance figure much below that of the facility's 2012 F1 debut. Then, last week, the first F1 race in more than two decades in Mexico -- considered competition by many to the race in Texas -- was a glowing success.

The money that the state gives to COTA is tied to economic impact of the race to the Texas economy. State officials said that the state is using a different formula to calculate that figure this year, and that resulted in the smaller amount of funding being extended to the track.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/formula-...#ixzz42RBS5A9b
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              well...
              I see what you did there.. But you did see what I was doing, right?

Comment

I see what you did there.. But you did see what I was doing, right?
                uh, yeah
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Yeah I've gone to just about every 4 wheel race there and I love it. F1 in the rain was a lot of fun to watch. I really hope they are able to keep it afloat. It is a beautiful track.

Comment

Was gonna say it got rained out last year but DJ beat me to it. :P
                    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Working...
                    X