Driver License Driving Test Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
    I don't think I ever made a thread when he was born because I figured nobody cared.
    Even though we all can be Shit heads. We're still a big family.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
      It's sad that you had to mention his race. But it's par for the course around here. I think the dps in Plano does this. Around Parker and independence I think.
      For serious, or the usual troll bait? Troll bait I hope.

I find it quite pertinent to the request, as it succinctly explains why the older gentleman doesn't yet have a driver's license here, and also why there are time constraints.

Comment

Asking him not to get a license is racists as hell though, whether rooted in truth or not. Funny as hell too though.

Comment

It was for serious. I remember all the shots he took when those explosions happened in China and everyone was cracking jokes. If you've never been on the receiving end of a traditional dfw stands race bashing then you wouldn't understand the need to qualify the race of a stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            You're sad that his FIL is Chinese? It beats the heck out of being you.
            Sure beats having a black FiL...well, unless your FiL is Jerome Berry.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
              It's sad that you had to mention his race. But it's par for the course around here. I think the dps in Plano does this. Around Parker and independence I think.
              Ita sad that you try so hard to turn everything into a racism issue....

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Ita sad that you try so hard to turn everything into a racism issue....
                I'm pretty sure blacks come with a race card between their ass cheeks when they are born! It's standard

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  For serious, or the usual troll bait? Troll bait I hope.

I find it quite pertinent to the request, as it succinctly explains why the older gentleman doesn't yet have a driver's license here, and also why there are time constraints.
                  This is exactly why I mentioned it. Not as a racial thing, but as his nationality and a qualifying descriptor, pertinent to the circumstances at hand. He's an excellent driver, and there's no reason I've found that he shouldn't be able to legally drive in the United States (once he has a valid license).

Comment

Just curious, not trying to stir the pot, but how is he able to obtain a Texas DL? Is he naturalized or on some sort of Visa?
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Cliffs Notes: Does anyone know of a DPS location in North Texas that still has a first-come, first-served driving test process, instead of having to schedule an appointment for it?

Long Version: I'm trying to help my (Chinese) father-in-law get his Texas Driver License so that when they come to visit, we don't have to drive him around everywhere. He's passed the written exam, and he needs to do the driving test, but they're leaving some time next month to go back to China, and the next available appointment is in May. I need to know if there are any locations left in the North Texas area that still have a first-come, first-served driving test.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all might be able to offer.
                      Greenville has first come. When my wife got here from NZ she was in and out with a paper license within 30 minutes.
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                        Just curious, not trying to stir the pot, but how is he able to obtain a Texas DL? Is he naturalized or on some sort of Visa?
                        If you have a DL in another country, you can get an international DL here. My Inlaws got one when they arrived that was good for a year. It was simple can ran about $20
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                          He is here on the family visit Visa. I don't recall what the exact letter/number the Visa type is.
                          Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          Greenville has first come. When my wife got here from NZ she was in and out with a paper license within 30 minutes.
                          Thank you for the info.
                          Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          If you have a DL in another country, you can get an international DL here. My Inlaws got one when they arrived that was good for a year. It was simple can ran about $20
                          I don't think that applies to Chinese citizens, but I'll triple check the info. Thanks!

Comment

I don't think that applies to Chinese citizens, but I'll triple check the info. Thanks!
                            There's a very good reason for this. /that's racist!

Comment

Working...
                            X