No announcement yet.

Mini Cooper/BMW techs on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda or Toyota. VW/Audi, MB, BMW/Mini are all going to be expensive to maintain/repair for a new driver.
    1995 Cobra #404
    1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
    1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

The blower on the early S models has a drive system for the water pump, it holds a very small amount of oil that goes away @ the 100k mile mark resulting in horrible noises and no coolant flow, repairable but you literally remove the entire from of the car to access the blower. Ask Crapstang on here, I did the labor on his, he sent the blower somewhere for repair. The newer turbo cars apparently have issues with the turbo going bad from what my customer told me, I did the labor, he sourced the turbo and parts, don't have to disassemble the complete from end, but still 8 hours of labor book time I believe. Had another customer with the first body, naturally aspirated, not sure if he overheated it and it popped the head gasket or the head gasket cut loose. He wanted the t stat replaced because it was running hot and had the parts, so I did as he asked me to even though I was afraid the head gasket was damaged. Still overheated and failed the combustion gas in cooling system test.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X