No announcement yet.

RC gurus inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then your max charge rate would be 9.6a I usually cut those #'s in half so I would say anything between 4-5a is safe all day.

The biggest thing about lipos is DO NOT over discharge them and DO NOT put them up fully charged. ALWAYS put them in a storage charge at the end of the day. Your resting voltage should NOT be under 3.5v per cell so for your pack it should never be resting under 14v for safety.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
      I have a question about charging a lipo battery pack.

The guys at Hobbytown in Dallas recommended charging my 4s 14.8C 3200mAh at a charge rate of 5Amps vs. 3.2amps. School me on what this will do if anything to the battery. 1st charge exceeded the allowable charge time of the charger.

<-gas R/C guy only getting into LiPo for my bump start box for a 1/8th scale Losi buggy. lol Although I'm really tempted to get an electric onroad car to go race at Banana Raceway in Richardson.
      I've just gotten into RC recently with several varied cars I bought. I have a lot to learn. My nitros have pull cords. What is the advantage of using a bump box? Weight savings?

Comment

Be sure you have a bag, especially if you're trying to go crazy on the charge settings.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Teenitor-Fireproof-Explosionproof-Battery-Storage/dp/B00Z8WG11W/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1457129311&sr=8-6&keywords=lipo+bag[/ame]
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
          Then your max charge rate would be 9.6a I usually cut those #'s in half so I would say anything between 4-5a is safe all day.

The biggest thing about lipos is DO NOT over discharge them and DO NOT put them up fully charged. ALWAYS put them in a storage charge at the end of the day. Your resting voltage should NOT be under 3.5v per cell so for your pack it should never be resting under 14v for safety.
          Too many rules for lipos. I wanted one for my rustler vxl, but I like to be able to ignore it for months at a time and play with it whenever I want.
          sigpic

Comment

As do I. I haven't touched any of my stuff since last summer. I have probably 10k mah total combined worth of lipos that I have no doubt are a charge away from picking up right where I left off with them. To get that kind of power and energy out of something that size there is going to be some maintenance associated. Of course these "rules" are completely optional but I wouldn't want to be near one of these when they get grumpy. Hell they will even have the decency of warning you by puffing up before they let go.

I have a truck with a MMM in it that I run on 6s that will blow the doors off of any nitro vehicle I have ever seen. Damn thing will do a backflip if you nail it at 50pmh.

Comment

Working...
            X