Fundraiser for my son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundraiser for my son

My son is participating in a fundraiser at school and is asking for pledges. This is the last day to donate/pledge. They are doing a “fun run” and it would be awesome if you could help. You can pledge a certain amount per lap, or do a flat donation. The process is very simple and the link is below. You may have to hold down the ctrl key and click the link to get it to open. All you have to do is click enter pledge and fill out the information.

Any pledge or donation is welcome!

This is his first time doing fundraising so he is excited about this.

https://funrun.com/a/s/ASUYjxzz

I pledged, shoot me a message after the run and I will meet up with you with cash/check or I can drop it in your mailbox
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Thanks man! I will let you know!

Comment

My stepson did this two years ago...

Comment

Sorry, Bro, but I have a strict personal policy against crap like this. Both of my boys have done Boosterthon fun runs at school, and I think my 8 year old did it again this year. The school gets a cut of the money, and the kids get crappy prizes for how much they raise. I already pay taxes to support the school, buy supplies for the classrooms, etc. When my kids did it, I wrote a check for them and didn't ask a single person. Hate to be the grinch, but...

If they're ever doing a fundraiser for a ball team, club, etc. or a charity (basically something outside of school), hit me up. I'm all for it then as I buy raffle tickets or make flat donations to every one of those I come across. Good luck with this one though. The kids love doing it.

Comment

I understand the reasons man, you don't have to explain. I get it.

Its his first time doing a fundraiser, so I am just trying to support him as much as I can. I am cutting a check as well. I just want him to have a positive experience. I didn't participate with this stuff in school and I don't want him to follow me in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              I understand the reasons man, you don't have to explain. I get it.

Its his first time doing a fundraiser, so I am just trying to support him as much as I can. I am cutting a check as well. I just want him to have a positive experience. I didn't participate with this stuff in school and I don't want him to follow me in this regard.
              Seriously, if he gets involved in something other than school, hit me up. PM me if you don't want to post a thread. I'll send you my cell and you can have him call me and tell me what's up. I'll do him a solid as I love it when kids get involved that way. It helps them grow.

Hell, we sold stupid boxes of M&M's when I was a kid and magazine subscriptions for school fundraisers. I hated that crap, but it was way cooler doing stuff for scouts, church, etc.

Comment

I just bought my son's second grade art work in a frame for $25. The frame probably costed them $5. But my son was so glad that we bought it. Just gotta do what makes the kid happy in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
                  I just bought my son's second grade art work in a frame for $25. The frame probably costed them $5. But my son was so glad that we bought it. Just gotta do what makes the kid happy in the end.
                  You got a deal. That mess cost us $40! LOL It looks good hanging on the wall at home though, and he is so proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                    You got a deal. That mess cost us $40! LOL It looks good hanging on the wall at home though, and he is so proud of it.
                    that is really all its about. Making them understand we are supporting them and things they do.

I sure as hell didn't get that from my parents.

Comment

My niece did a fun run last year and they wouldnt let you donate per lap. You had to just give them money and the kids walked as much or as little as they wanted. It was total bullshit. I even talked to her teacher and confirmed it.

Comment

Working...
                      X