FINALLY got a new job..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY got a new job..

Cliffs Notes on previous job hunting efforts.

1. Offered super sweet job at VMware that was supposed to start back in November.

2. Dell buys VMware's parent company EMC. New job disappears before an offer is made.

3. My current employer, HP, becomes HP and HPE. Continues to go to hades.

It seemed that I was going to go to a small consulting company in Plano but two weeks ago VMware came back with a new position of Sr Systems Engineer, which is a presales type role. The pay is almost as good as the "super sweet" job they had offered me before but this job doesn't require me to move to Raleigh. Instead I get to telecommute from home again. Travel should be a max of 50%. Even better, their health insurance covers my son's autism therapy.

I passed my background check yesterday and gave my boss notice today. His boss immediately asked me if I would consider a counter offer. I told her that my heart isn't in it and I'm just ready to leave HP.

So Friday the 11th is my last day there and I start at VMware on the 14th!! Oh happy day!

right on.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Congrats! I'm sure you already know this - don't believe that 50% travel won't go to 90%+ if you let them. Plan around that as you see fit.
      WRX

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That's awesome! You might occasionally get the opportunity to work with a couple of my long-time friends who work for Dell as Sales Engineers.

Comment

Congrats! So HP is hiring??? J/k.

Comment

In before naynay, broncojohnny and ssjunk shit all over this thread.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

congrats!

Comment

congrats dude. super sweet on the insurance for your son as well!

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Congrats, Rick!
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Grats good sir.
                      Well deserved I'm sure!

David

Comment

Comment

^^ lmfao!
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Well done sir. Happy for you.

Comment

I've known several people over the years that had "really good" jobs with HP that have said the company has gone to shit. Honestly I don't know why anyone would go to HP considering they will likely lose their job shortly afterward. Congrats on the new gig.

Comment

Working...
                              X