Can you restore anodized aluminum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you restore anodized aluminum?

I was working on making my brakes look better but the rotors hats are a black anodized aluminum that has lost its nice looks. Whats the best thing (if anything) that can be used to bring them back?

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

High temp epoxy?

You sure thats anodized? Seems like a pain in the ass to mask all but the letters just to have black anodize show in that one section. Im not even sure you could do it that well without a multi step process

Comment

I would imagine they anodize it then CNC in the name.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
          I would imagine they anodize it then CNC in the name.
          Im lost...are you calling the black part the anodized part or the whole housing? Isnt the logo recessed? I am also almost certain thats cast in.

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          Lol pretty much. Just give it a bi weekly once over when it starts turning brown

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Im lost...are you calling the black part the anodized part or the whole housing? Isnt the logo recessed? I am also almost certain thats cast in.

Lol pretty much. Just give it a bi weekly once over when it starts turning brown
            You are talking about the caliper, he is talking about the hat behind the lug nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              You are talking about the caliper, he is talking about the hat behind the lug nuts.
              Damn...i misread that hardcore. Ill take my dumbass of the day award and go home.

Comment

Ah! Now I see where your issue is. lol
                Yeah, rotor hat is all I am talking about.

Comment

I'd say you're probably going to have to sand it and re dip it.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    I'd say you're probably going to have to sand it and re dip it.
                    You can use drano as well. Actually itll eat any aluminum so be careful to not soak it too long.

A lot of guys actually use it to remove aluminum that builds up on end mills. I have a cutter soaking in drain cleaner right now actually.

Comment

Working...
                    X