Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chronical View Post
    Don't pay the surcharge = suspend license without warning
    Driving with license suspended = arrested class b misdemeanor and mandatory 1 year suspense
    All that = $1000-$2000 for an attorney on the class b and anothe $1000 for an occupational license plus all the time you will be out.
    Oh and that surcharge is for 3 years. You will pay what you owe now and without warning the clock will be reset for next year and the year after

Oh you thought you paid them all? And didn't know they reset for three year? And your license was suspended ? You didn't know ? See above for how it will play out out

They don't give a shit. It's a racket
    Fuckin A, man. That is some bullshit right there, and yeah it sounds like a damn racket. How is this shit legal?
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

sounds like chronical has the same issue i had for a while there.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
        I went to the Plano municipal count with the intent of being arrested. Every officer in uniform cleared out when they saw the bucket of change and the court clerks had to go into the PD to find someone to arrest me. A few months later I showed up for a jury trial after being sprayed by a skunk and it emptied the building.

As a matter of fact I do carry the bucket of change with me when I know that I have a traffic warrant but don't get too worked up dude. The last time I did this was around 2003 but the first time I did it was in 1988 at the Lewisville PD (I also carried in a stringer full of fresh caught fish while wearing a speedo and swim fins). Lewisville and Highland Village learned to leave me alone because of doing this sort of thing along with hiring their courts judges to represent me in other matters so they could not hear my charges in their courts.
        Are we sure I'm the one with the mental issues and not you?
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
          sounds like chronical has the same issue i had for a while there.
          Fortunately I drive like an old lady. My wife on the other hand, can't drive for shit, pay tickets for shit, or take care of shit. But I don't hold it against her, you, or anyone else. It's a GD racket.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Life is easier when one displays sufficient common sense to generally not be found in situations that require one to appear in court. I consider my time too valuable to waste on such BS.

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
              Wow, svo where do you come up with this stuff?
              I have a bizarre sense of humor.

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              I have never made any claims regarding the matter.

Originally posted by The King View Post
              Life is easier when one displays sufficient common sense to generally not be found in situations that require one to appear in court. I consider my time too valuable to waste on such BS.
              HVPD wrote me traffic tickets on more then one occasion by knocking on my front door and dragging me outside when I had not even been driving that day all in retaliation for me turning in a rapist who happened to be a member of their police department and the step father to one of my girlfriends. How exactly do you suggest that I could have avoided going before their municipal court 2 times per month for several years?
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                HVPD wrote me traffic tickets on more then one occasion by knocking on my front door and dragging me outside when I had not even been driving that day all in retaliation for me turning in a rapist who happened to be a member of their police department and the step father to one of my girlfriends. How exactly do you suggest that I could have avoided going before their municipal court 2 times per month for several years?
                Easily answered...not be you.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  Easy...not be you.
                  I will have to work on that one.....
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

doesnt sound too easy!

Comment

This is why our gov't will ultimately collapse. The fuckers have gotten greedy and are hiring greedy ass do nothing "private contractors" to feed the greed. If the mother fuckers actually cared about public safety and used their money wisely, we wouldn't have this sort of bullshit.

I'm facing a similar situation now. I got Jr. a car that wasn't running. I've fixed said car. I have insurance on it. I now need to get it inspected, but since it's OBD II I have to drive it 30-50 miles to reset all the shit in the ECU. Well how do I legally do that Mr. fuckingidiotgov't since you won't let me transfer the registration without an inspection?

Comment

But this is Texas, not California!

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                          Well how do I legally do that Mr. fuckingidiotgov't since you won't let me transfer the registration without an inspection?
                          Get a 30 day permit ? (you can even do it online now)
                          Last edited by dcs13; 03-01-2016, 06:34 PM. Reason: added

Comment

I'm facing a similar situation now. I got Jr. a car that wasn't running. I've fixed said car. I have insurance on it. I now need to get it inspected, but since it's OBD II I have to drive it 30-50 miles to reset all the shit in the ECU. Well how do I legally do that Mr. fuckingidiotgov't since you won't let me transfer the registration without an inspection?
                            put it on jackstands, set a brick on the gas pedal, and go drink some beers.

Comment

This is why our gov't will ultimately collapse. The fuckers have gotten greedy and are hiring greedy ass do nothing "private contractors" to feed the greed. If the mother fuckers actually cared about public safety and used their money wisely, we wouldn't have this sort of bullshit.

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                              Get a 30 day permit ? (you can even do it online now)
                              http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/regis...porary-permits

The transit permit is free and good for 5 days. I keep my plates when I sell a car, the buyer gets one of these.

Comment

Unfortunately Texas sucks. I have seen it too many times where a person gets stopped and cited for no insurance on a vehicle they just purchased or a vehicle they borrowed...I've had a few people I have come across get a ticket on a used vehicle they are just test driving. Unfortunately once you get that ticket you are pretty much screwed, unless you hire an attorney. Even then, I have seen where the ticket was dismissed and the points still were added on the license and low and behold you get stuck with paying surcharges for 3 years and at times stuck with an Sr-22.

To the people who commented in regards to you having coverage on a new vehicle, yes that is true... IF you have financial interest in the vehicle and are planning to add it to your policy. You normally have 30 days of coverage on the newly purchased vehicle, unless you arent on a standard policy and your limited policy states otherwise and or has certain exclusions.

Secondly, if you have a standard policy and are driving someone else's vehicle, your insurance would also follow you as a driver operating someone else's vehicle. Again. I mention a standard policy because limited policies also tend to have limitations or exclusions that won't cover borrowed property.

You may also need to verify if you are operating a borrowed vehicle as to what coverage that persons insurance covers to see if their own insurance will pay for damages to others as well as to the vehicle, as this could fall under your own insurance having to cover any excess coverage that person does carry.

Claims get very tricky in certain situations. I have also been a licensed adjuster in the past, currently I am several folks agent here on dfwmustangs so the folks if i am not your agent, please take my information as just guidance and ask your current agent to confirm your specific policy and coverages.
                                Allstate Insurance
                                Dominguez Agency
                                1101 E. Bardin Rd. suite 141
                                Arlington, TX. 76018
                                817-405-2011
                                tdominguez@allstate.com
                                Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Comment

Working...
                                X