Jeep Wrangler Pickup Truck Coming in 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Wrangler Pickup Truck Coming in 2017

The next-generation 2017 Wrangler will finally, finally include a pickup truck variant, Fiat?Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne confirms.​​​

Jeep fans have been clamoring for a Wrangler-based pickup truck for what seems like decades now. For all those years, Jeep teased us with pickup truck concepts, like the Gladiator concept and the J-12 concept shown above, but never pulled the trigger on a production model. That all changes for 2017: The next-gen Wrangler will finally, finally offer a pickup variant, right from the factory.

That's the word from The Detroit News, as per a conversation with Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne. The CEO also confirmed that both the standard Wrangler and the pickup truck will be built in the Toledo, Ohio facility where the current Wrangler is assembled.

Jeep global chief Mike Manley told The Detroit News that the Wrangler pickup will arrive in late 2017. "Sergio and I work very, very closely on the Jeep product portfolio, and both of us have been a fan of a potential Wrangler pickup," he said. "For me, there is a historical place in our lineup for it."
    My dad had one of these and it was a fun little truck.

The scrambler was always one of my favorite jeeps.

Comment

I can only hope

Comment

Jeep already has a conversion kit. They're basically taking the kit and implementing it on the assembly line.
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
          Jeep already has a conversion kit. They're basically taking the kit and implementing it on the assembly line.
          They don't have a conversion kit for a 4 door truck and their 2 door truck conversion kit got discontinued.
          '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
          '13 Dodge Cummins
          '14 Rubicon X

Comment

It's fugly as fuck.

Comment

My grandpa used to buy a new one of these every 2 years back in the day.

Comment

One of my buddies used to have this truck

Comment

As long as it's solid axle front and rear and riding on coil springs it'll be a hit in the off road community.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                    As long as it's solid axle front and rear and riding on coil springs it'll be a hit in the off road community.
                    True. I'm utterly shocked by how well my new Wrangler rides compared to the old leaf axle models. It's hard to believe it's solid axles.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      True. I'm utterly shocked by how well my new Wrangler rides compared to the old leaf axle models. It's hard to believe it's solid axles.
                      Im with u on this. I couldnt believe how much better the ride on my jku is over my old cj7. I just wasnt expecting it to be that good.

Comment

Working...
                      X