Son got hit from behind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son got hit from behind

At a stop sign in Walmart parking lot an the guy flat out was not payin attention. He was 20 yrs old an no insurance. SOB!. My son is 17 an I will not file it on our insurance for obvious reasons. So I call the police just to file a report. Cop says he did not see said guy driving so he wont cite him for no insurance. So basically I am screwed for the damage. Plus the cop watched him drive away. Lol! Nice system

Awful nice of the cop not to give him a ticket,if that was me I'd be in jail. Let this be a lesson for your son,if they don't have insurance dont bother calling the cops and just kick the guys ass.....

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
      At a stop sign in Walmart parking lot an the guy flat out was not payin attention. He was 20 yrs old an no insurance. SOB!. My son is 17 an I will not file it on our insurance for obvious reasons. So I call the police just to file a report. Cop says he did not see said guy driving so he wont cite him for no insurance. So basically I am screwed for the damage. Plus the cop watched him drive away. Lol! Nice system
      Why does the lack of a report / citation screw you for the damage if you weren't filing on insurance? You don't need a police report to file a small claims lawsuit.. Though even if you win there is still a good chance you won't get paid.

Comment

Can the cop do anything if he didn't witness it and it occurred on private property? I wouldn't think so.

Comment

You should have uninsured motorist coverage which has a lower deductible and doesn't really count against you as an at fault accident.
          Scott Ganow
          Lone Star Performance
          16300 Midway Rd
          Addison, TX 75001
          214-630-5006

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Why does the lack of a report / citation screw you for the damage if you weren't filing on insurance? You don't need a police report to file a small claims lawsuit.. Though even if you win there is still a good chance you won't get paid.

Exactly on all points. Oh an he quit his job that same day

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Star Performance View Post
              You should have uninsured motorist coverage which has a lower deductible and doesn't really count against you as an at fault accident.
              Better yet, every asshole on the road should be insured and there should be real consequenses for those that aren't.

Good advice though. I have this even on my beater without full coverage. It's a must when 1 in 6 drivers are uninsured and should be run over with their own shitbox.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                Can the cop do anything if he didn't witness it and it occurred on private property? I wouldn't think so.

Private property makes it a civil matter. Which I knew that. I know I wont get paid, but I thought he would get a ticket for no insurance which would make me feel a little better

Comment

Its a hit against my insurance either way. Throw in the fact he is a teenager an that makes it a no go to turn in on insurance. Does not go against your driving record, but still shows as a claim which is held against you

Comment

I have never treated insurance as something I would hesitate to use because of the threat of premium increases.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      I have never treated insurance as something I would hesitate to use because of the threat of premium increases.
                      I would think if the premium increase over a 5 yr period is significantly larger than the repairs are, most people would hesitate. I know there are some big ballers here that can swing it either way. But I am not one of them. Plus, lets face it, its nice not to give more money to the insurance companies. They are doing quite well

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                        Its a hit against my insurance either way. Throw in the fact he is a teenager an that makes it a no go to turn in on insurance. Does not go against your driving record, but still shows as a claim which is held against you
                        Actually, if you have uninsured motorist, the claim won't count against you. That's the whole point of it, and the only reason to have uninsured coverage.

If you reject uninsured coverage, and get hit by someone without insurance, your comprehensive coverage will still pay to fix your shit, but that's when it counts as a claim against you.

Comment

How do people get away with not having insurance. I got asked 4 different times thru the whole inspection-registration process they have now.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                            How do people get away with not having insurance. I got asked 4 different times thru the whole inspection-registration process they have now.
                            They go to places like Fred Loya or General, buy a 30 day policy to get inspection, registration, and drivers license test, then cancel the policy.

Comment

this...

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                              Actually, if you have uninsured motorist, the claim won't count against you. That's the whole point of it, and the only reason to have uninsured coverage.

If you reject uninsured coverage, and get hit by someone without insurance, your comprehensive coverage will still pay to fix your shit, but that's when it counts as a claim against you.
                              this...

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                              They go to places like Fred Loya or General, buy a 30 day policy to get inspection, registration, and drivers license test, then cancel the policy.
                              and definitely this unfortunately...
                              Allstate Insurance
                              Dominguez Agency
                              1101 E. Bardin Rd. suite 141
                              Arlington, TX. 76018
                              817-405-2011
                              tdominguez@allstate.com
                              Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Comment

Working...
                              X